We are supported by our readers. We may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you if you buy through a link on this page. Learn more.
Finding a budget but high-quality office chair under $200 might be quite an ordeal, especially if you’d like it to last for a while. That’s why when hunting for a decent ergonomic office chair under $200, you should have realistic expectations and understand that some sacrifices might be required.
So if you’re wondering now whether you can feel comfortable spending hours in a chair that costs less than $200, yes, you can… if you know what to look for.
In this guide, we have reviewed the nine best office chairs under $200 to help you make a decision faster and feel better after a long workday in your desk chair.
The Best Office Chairs Under $200
- STARSPACE Leather Executive Computer Desk Chair – Best Office Chair Under $200
- Homall High-Back Computer Chair – Best Gaming Office Chair Under $200
- FelixKing Ergonomic Desk Chair – Best Black and White Office Chair Under $200
- Kealive Big and Tall Office Chair 400lbs – Best Heavy-Duty Office Chair Under $200
- Hbada Ergonomic Desk Chair – Best Mid-Back Office Chair Under $200 With Flip-up Arms
- FDW High-Back Adjustable Ergonomic Desk Chair – Best Executive Office Chair Under $200
- Flash Furniture LeatherSoft Swivel Office Chair with Gold Frame and Arms – Best Stylish Chair Under $200
- Amazon Basics Classic Puresoft PU Office Desk Chair – Best Bonded Leather Office Chair Under $200
- NEO Chair Computer Gaming Chair – Best Office Chair Under $200 for Ultimate Sitting Experience
If you’re an avid fan of classy leather executive chairs and would love to get your hand on one under $200, this might be your perfect match.
The STARSPACE executive office chair is made out of bonded leather, providing you with comfort at your desk while working, studying, or giving in to your gamer passion. And thanks to its flip-up arms, you’ll also be able to save some space when not using the chair.
With an ergonomic S-shape waterfall design, this high back chair can offer optimal neck and lumbar support, helping your body stand tall, preventing slouching, and ensuring the best-seated position.
While this executive chair is a great value for money and can rock back, you can only lock it in the forward-most position.
- Supports up to 250 pounds
- Padded flip-up armrests
- Double-padded seat and headrest
- Rocking back and forth
- S-shape waterfall design
- Dimensions: 27.5 x 29.1 x 49 inches
- Weight: 37.2 pounds
- Manufacturer: STARSPACE
- Adjustable tilt tension
- Solid and smooth-rolling casters
- High back
- 1-year warranty
- It can rock back but can only be locked in the forward-most position
Let’s continue this list with the best of the best gaming chairs in the $200 range. The Homall executive ergonomic office chair will bring comfort to your home office but won’t leave you with empty pockets.
Featuring high-density shaping foam and soft PU leather upholstery, this budget office chair will make your sitting experience more ergonomic and help maintain good posture even during multiple Zoom calls. And thanks to rocking and reclining functions, you’ll be able to switch your sitting position throughout the day and even get lost in a daydream if you wish. Plus, its modern and sleek design will contribute to the overall look of your home office.
However, one disadvantage of this gaming office chair is that you can’t adjust the armrests. So, if it’s a deal-breaker for you, you might want to keep this detail in mind.
- Holds up to 300 pounds
- Reclining and rocking function
- Tilt Locking mechanism 90-180 degrees angle adjuster
- Height-adjustable gas spring cylinder
- Perfect for office work and gaming
- Dimensions: 19.8 x 20.5 x 47.8 inches
- Weight: 57.3 pounds
- Manufacturer: Homall
- Multifunctional design
- Headrest pillow and lumbar cushion
- Sturdy five-star base
- Upholstered in premium PU leather material
- Non-adjustable armrests
If you’re in search of a stylish and ergonomic office chair under $200, the FelixKing checks all boxes. And if you’re a fan of mesh back chairs, you’ll love it even more.
The mesh back of FelixKing’s chair has excellent elasticity, completely suitable for the waist and back curve. It can help you maintain a relaxed posture during long hours of work, either at home or at the office. Plus, the thick-padded seat and armrests will take your sitting experience to the next level, protecting your lumbar spine and back.
The only drawback is that the lumbar support is made of plastic and might feel too hard. But, other than that, this chair can be an excellent addition to your modern home office.
- High-density natural sponge
- 8cm up and down lifting function
- Elastic mesh back
- Adjustable armrests
- 30 degrees recline function
- Dimensions: 25.2 x 25.2 x 37.4 inches
- Weight: 27.4 pounds
- Manufacturer: FelixKing
- 1-year warranty
- 15-min installation process
- Strong and durable casters
- The lumbar support is made of plastic and might feel too hard
It might be pretty hard to come across a quality heavy-duty office chair that would cost less than $200. However, it’s not impossible. The Kealive big and tall office chair can hold up to 400 pounds and won’t break your budget.
This executive office chair under $200 combines comfort with modern style, letting you spend your workdays without worrying that it might break. Thanks to its ultra-high and S-shaped backrest, the Kealive heavy-duty chair offers excellent lumbar and back support. Plus, a thick cushion with a waterfall seat edge lessens the pressure on your leg, and ergonomically curved armrests make you feel more relaxed.
While this big and tall office chair has a straightforward setup process, it might be quite challenging for one person. So, you might want to ask your friend to help you assemble it faster.
- Supports up to 400 pounds
- Curved and padded armrests
- Rocking pressure adjuster
- 30-degree decline
- Double-padded seat
- Dimensions: 25.19 x 25.19 x 47 inches
- Weight: 20 pounds
- Manufacturer: Kealive
- 12 months product service
- SGS class-3 gas lift
- The assembly might be a bit hard for one person
If both style and comfort are essential to you when it comes to office chairs, the Hbada modern and ergonomic office chair perfectly fits your $200 budget and also has a unique design.
Simple, yet elegant this budget office chair will bring charm to your workstation and make your all-day-long sitting experience much more pleasant. Adjustable lumbar support will ensure the chair suits your posture and provides support for your back and neck.
So, if you’ve been finding it hard to spend hours in a chair without having spine problems, this office chair might be your lifesaver. Plus, you can rock back and forward in it if you need a break.
However, while its flip-up arms let you manage your space better, the nut holding them might get loose if you do it too often.
- Holds up to 250 pounds
- Space-saving flip-up arms
- Adjustable height
- Tilting and rocking features
- CGS certified level 3 cylinder
- Dimensions: 25.4 x 24.3 x 13.1 inches
- Weight: 29.7 pounds
- Manufacturer: Hbada
- Mute nylon wheels
- Strong solid base
- Sleek and unique design
- Smooth and silenced rolling casters
- The nut holding the armrest in place can get loose if you move it up and down often
Finding an elegant executive chair under $200 might be quite an ordeal. But the FDW office furniture brand has got you covered. Its high-back ergonomic executive chair offers a reasonable price and quality at the same time.
With this super-soft and comfy office chair, you can finally feel what it’s like to sit in a chair that doesn’t make your whole body ache. It features thick-padded cushioning and proper lumbar support to ensure you stay focused on your work and not the back pain.
Upholstered with carefully selected PU material that is waterproof and stain-resistant, this executive office chair under $200 requires minimum maintenance. Plus, it’s pretty easy to assemble.
Yet, while PU leather is very durable and looks presentable, it isn’t very breathable. So, if you use an AC in your office, you might feel a bit sweaty at the end of your workday.
- Supports up to 250 pounds
- BIFMA certified gas lift
- Soft and comfortable lumbar support
- Adjustable height
- Rocking mode
- Dimensions: 29.5 x 26.4 x 48 inches
- Weight: 36 pounds
- Manufacturer: FDW
- Modern and elegant design
- 10-20 min assembly process
- Thick-padded armrests
- Wider and thicker seat
- The upholstery material isn’t very breathable
Are you looking to make a bold statement in your workspace? The Flash Furniture office chair might be one of the most elegant chairs under $200. It has outstanding design and ergonomic features that make it hard to pass by.
Pairing a metal frame with the LeatherSoft upholstered back and seat creates a stunning visual contrast, making this office chair under $200 a focal point in your modern office.
This chair has also been commercial-grade tested to ensure its safety and durability. Its waterfall front seat edge removes pressure from the lower legs and improves circulation, while the padded armrests provide for extended hours of comfort.
Although this chair has a uniquely sleek style and is very comfortable, it might start squeaking with time.
- Supports up to 250 pounds
- Padded armrests
- Tilt lock
- Leathersoft upholstery
- Commercial grade quality
- Dimensions: 27 x 26 x 43 inches
- Weight: 30 pounds
- Manufacturer: Flesh Furniture
- Unique and elegant design
- 5-year limited warranty
- High back
- Might squeak from time to time
Good old Amazon Basics never stops surprising us with its budget, yet quality products. And this simple yet comfortable and ergonomic chair under $200 isn’t an exception.
Featuring a universal design, this office chair will fit into almost any interior design and you can use it for multiple purposes. Upholstered in soft PU leather, it can help make your home office look more presentable and let you feel more comfortable when working.
Plus, you can also choose between black, white, and brown upholstery to fit the aesthetics of your work setup. And did we mention that it also has padded armrests to help you rest your arms during brainstorming sessions?
While this chair has a nice-looking upholstery material, keep in mind that it’s still a budget option, so it might wear off quickly if you use it non-stop.
- Supports up to 275 pounds
- Upholstered in soft bonded faux leather
- Pneumatic seat height adjustment
- BIFMA certified
- Padded seat and back
- Dimensions: 25.75 x 24.25 x 42.25 inches
- Weight: 33.51 pounds
- Manufacturer: Amazon Basics
- Comes in 3 colors
- Classic and universal design
- 1-year limited warranty
- Easy assembly process
- The upholstery material might wear out quickly if you use the chair regularly
If you’re on the lookout for a mix of an executive and gaming chair, the NEO Chair computer gaming office chair under $200 is right up your alley.
Designed with double-layered cushions, this budget executive gaming chair will provide you with higher density, better elasticity, and stronger resilience. Long story short, you’ll find the luxury and comfort you’ve been looking for. This fine leather office chair features soft-padded armrests and can be easily adjusted to accommodate your specific needs. Plus, it can help you add that upscale look to your home office or gaming room.
Just keep in mind that you’d need to fully assemble this chair by yourself, so if you’re not a big fan of that activity, you might want to ask someone to give you a hand.
- Supports up to 300 pounds
- Pocket spring cushion
- Soft breathable PU leather
- Tilt tension and height adjustment
- Fits people up to 6.5 ft.
- Dimensions: 28.15 x 20.67 x 44 inches
- Weight: 33.5 pounds
- Manufacturer: NEO Chair
- Class-A nylon wheels
- Sophisticated design
- Perfect for gaming and working
- BIFMA & SGS certified gas lift
- Everything has to be assembled from the legs to the chair itself; it’s not complicated but beware that full assembly is required.
Things to Consider When Buying an Office Chair Under $200
When you start your hunt for an ergonomic office chair in the $200 price range, there are a few things you need to consider first.
What’s its weight capacity?
If you want to ensure your chair won’t break easily, choose a chair that supports at least 250 pounds. Even if you don’t really need it to support much weight, at least you can be safe whenever you or your kids accidentally jump into it. And if you’re looking for a heavy-duty office chair under $200, we have one of those in our list too.
What is the chair’s upholstery material?
While it might be a bit challenging to find a genuine leather office chair for under $200, it’s possible to get a high-quality mesh desk chair. But if you still want that upscale leather look, you can go for faux leather. Just keep in mind that mesh is more breathable and durable when PU or bonded leather can wear down much faster.
Is the chair’s height adjustable?
In the $200 price range, this feature is a must. There’s nothing worse than not being able to adjust the chair’s height according to your body build and preferences.
Does the chair have a headrest?
If you prefer office chairs with headrests, there are plenty of models under $200 that will suit your requirements. Some of them we reviewed in this article. However, we’d still recommend checking whether the headrest is adjustable.
Are backrest tilt tension and seat depth adjustable?
This might not be the most common feature in office chairs under $200, but there are still a few ergonomic office chairs in this price range that are fully adjustable.
Does the chair have built-in lumbar support?
If you suffer from back and neck pain after spending the whole day working at the desk, you should ensure you’re buying an office chair with lumbar support. Not all office chairs under $200 have this feature, but some of them definitely do.
Does it feature flip-up armrests?
This feature is only helpful if you don’t have too much room and rather slide your chair under the desk to free up your office space. Otherwise, it’s just a matter of your preference.
Are the armrests adjustable?
Again, it’s not the prevalent feature of office chairs in the $200 price range, but there are a few models that offer adjustable armrests to help you find the best ergonomic sitting position.
Benefits of an Office Chair Under $200
While there are tons of office chairs on the market, varying from less than $100 to a few thousand dollars, here are a few advantages of buying an ergonomic office chair under $200:
- You can choose from numerous styles and designs that would look no worse than expensive office chairs.
- You can find a fully adjustable chair to fit your body structure and improve your sitting experience.
- You can purchase a heavy-duty big and tall chair in this price range.
- You’ll have a choice of mesh or faux leather upholstery material.
- You can still find a presentable executive office chair for under $200.
- You can purchase a chair that would complete your ergonomic workstation setup.
- You can protect your back and neck if you buy an office chair under $200 with proper lumbar support.
- You can use it for various purposes like gaming, working, lounging.
Should I Buy an Office Chair Under $200?
Office chairs under $200 might not be upholstered in genuine leather or last forever. But if you treat one of those chairs with care, it might as well serve you for many work days to come. As long as you opt for a sturdy chair with an ergonomic design, you can significantly upgrade your office setup without spending a fortune.
We hope you managed to find what you were looking for. And if you have any questions or have an idea of what we should review next, please let us know.
How We Review: Our Office Chair Ratings Methodology
At Overheard on Conference Calls, we take pride in how we review office chairs. Our team of office chair experts spend hours researching and reviewing dozens of products before they even start writing their review or article. Our goal is to bring you honest and unbiased information to help you make an informed choice that will be the best for you. Our recommendations are not for sale and they are not influenced by any of the manufacturers we review.
When reviewing an office chair, there are numerous factors we analyze to determine our recommendations. Here are our four most important:
- Comfort: Comfort is key to a good office chair. It’s likely you’ll be sitting in it for hours so you’ll want something that won’t cause you aches and pains after hours of use. We gauge comfort by testing for 4+ hours as well as looking at the thickness of the seat cushion and its material.
- Durability: Not all office chairs are built the same. Our durability factor looks at the quality of the materials and how sturdy the chair is after assembly. Because we have a limited tested period, we also conduct customer research of longtime users.
- Lumbar Support: While this is an ergonomic feature, we made this its own separate rating factor because of how important it is to your overall posture, health, and comfort. We analyze each chair for its lumbar support or lack thereof.
- Ergonomic Features: In addition to lumbar support, we also look at other ergonomic features such as the armrests, height adjustment, reclining, seat ergonomics, and more. The better it is for your ergonomics and the more features/adjustability, the better.
Why isn’t price included on that list? Fair question! We do consider price in the order of our recommendations but because everyone has their own budget in mind, we won’t rule a chair in or out just because it has premium or budget price.
Our team has researched and reviewed hundreds of chairs and we’re confident in our recommendations. We strive to only recommend the best products and we periodically refresh our reviews and rankings.