What can feel better than being able to straighten your feet while working, gaming, or reading in your favorite office chair? Probably. And think about how you could also squeeze in a power nap whenever your body asks for it. You can do it all with a high-quality reclining office chair with a retractable footrest.
Here’s our comprehensive guide to the best recliner desk chairs with a footrest, their features, and benefits. Make sure you examine it thoroughly before deciding to purchase your first recliner computer chair and finally let your feet rest while working or playing video games.
Check out our top picks below.
The Best Office Chairs with Footrests
- BestOffice Ergonomic PC Gaming Office Chair With Footrest
- RESPAWN 110 Gaming Office Chair
- Dowinx Office Chair with Massage Lumbar Support
- SIHOO Ergonomic Recliner Office Chair
- JULYFOX Reclining Desk Chair With Footrest
- KILLABEE Massage Gaming Office Chair With Footrest
- YOURLITEAMZ Reclining High-Back Ergonomic Chair
- Hbada Ergonomic Executive Office Chair
- Duramont Leather Desk Chair With Footrest
- Hbada Ergonomic Office Recliner
- DEVAISE Ergonomic Recliner Office Chair With Footrest
Whether you’re a gamer, home office worker, or both, having a comfortable reclining office chair is probably one of the first wishes on your list. And the BestOffice ergonomic recliner office chair can be exactly what you’re looking for.
This gaming chair with a footrest has an adjustable reclining feature that will allow you to lock in any reclining position, from 90-155°. Plus, bucket seats will provide you with extra comfort for those long working or gaming days. The BestOffice reclining office chair features comfortable lumbar support and a cushioned headrest pillow to protect your spine and neck.
If you like to take a quick nap in between your games or work tasks, this reclining office chair with a footrest will satisfy this wish. Just keep in mind that this chair doesn’t have padded armrests, so it might be a bit hard if you’re not used to those.
- Premium PU Leather
- Supports up to 250 pounds
- 4 recline positions
- Bucket seat
- Lumbar support and headrest pillow
- Dimensions: 35 x 50 x 50 inches
- Weight: 38.5 pounds
- Manufacturer: BestOffice
- Ergonomic design
- Easy assembly
- Low price
- The arms are not padded, so the plastic might feel rough and hard
If you’re looking for a luxury racer-style recliner chair with a footrest, the RESPAWN faux leather gaming chair will provide you with the class and comfort you’ve been searching for.
4D adjustability is one of this recliner office chair’s most prominent features. You can easily find your optimal position by raising or lowering your chair and reclining between 90-155 degrees, and lock the desired angle. Plus, a soft-padded footrest and armrests will let you feel ultimate comfort whenever you decide to take a break.
The only drawback is that this recliner doesn’t feature a spring-loaded back lean; otherwise, it’s a great option in terms of price and style.
- 275-pound weight capacity
- Adjustable headrest and lumbar support pillows
- 155-degree tilt
- Comes with a limited lifetime warranty
- Upholstered in bonded leather
- Dimensions: 28.5 x 28 x 51.5 inches
- Weight: 46.5 pounds
- Manufacturer: RESPAWN
- Ergonomic comfort
- Padded armrests
- 8 colors available
- Does not have a spring-loaded backrest lean
Mind getting a massage while working or playing video games? Ask no more. The Dowinx reclining office chair with a footrest won’t pass you unnoticed.
Upholstered in vintage faux leather, this recliner chair will add elegance and uniqueness to your home office or a gaming room. Don’t even hesitate to take advantage of its 90°-180° reclining feature for working, gaming, reading, or napping. Plus, this office chair also offers a 20° controllable rocking and retractable footrest for relaxing. And the best thing about this reclining office chair is the USB cable power supply massager that will help your body rest no matter what.
One of the drawbacks is that this recliner chair might start making loud noises with time. However, you probably can’t protect yourself from this with most office chairs.
- USB cable power supply massager
- 90°-180° reclining
- 350 lbs capacity
- 20° controllable rocking and retractable footrest
- One-month replacement services and 1-year parts quality warranty
- Dimensions: 33.07 x 25.98 x 12.4 inches
- Weight: 50 pounds
- Manufacturer: DOWINX
- Unique vintage leather style
- Winged back provides multi-point body contact
- 8 inches high-density foam
- The chair might start making loud noises
If you’re a fan of mesh back office chairs or would like to upgrade your current one with an adjustable footrest, the SIHOO computer mesh recliner chair is a rare find.
Depending on your needs, you can adjust this modern office chair’s recline up to 170 degrees. And if you spend many hours sitting in your chair, you’ll be happy to know that this one has been approved by the Ergonomics Application Association and will protect your spine during long work hours.
However, please note that the SIHOO reclining chair with a footrest is a better fit for taller people since the seat might feel too deep for shorter people.
- 110°-170° reclining
- 3 levels of adjustment
- 13.39 inches long footrest
- Adjustable backrest
- 1-year warranty
- Dimensions: 35.5 x 27.6 x 17.8 inches
- Weight: 40 pounds
- Manufacturer: SIHOO
- Full parts coverage for the three years of the warranty period
- Linkage armrest adjustment
- Ergonomic waist design
- The seat might feel too deep if for shorter people
Welcome another elegant executive reclining office chair with a footrest to our list. The JULYFOX high-back computer chair is perfect for working, gaming, and even lounging.
You’ll be pleased to learn that this recliner chair features a removable and large lumbar support and has lots of adjustable features to get your ideal comfort. Plus, soft PU leather upholstery makes it look stylish and presentable. This office chair supports up to 250 pounds of weight, and you can recline it for up to 170 degrees. The JULYFOX ergonomic recliner chair will be your reliable companion during tiresome workdays.
One thing you might notice is that the actual leg rest differs a little from what is pictured.
- 90-170 degree tilt
- Covered by premium PU leather
- Removable lumbar pillow
- Supports up to 265 pounds
- 19-21 inch height range
- Dimensions: 25.4 x 25.4 x 41-44 inches
- Manufacturer: JULYFOX
- Multipurpose use
- High-density memory sponge
- Enhances the natural curve of your spine
- The actual leg rest might differ from what is pictured
Here’s another excellent option for gamers and home office workers who love doing what they do with comfort and a little bit of massage. The KILLABEE reclining massage office chair with a retractable footrest is a real find for those who love comfort, style and yet don’t want to spend a fortune on their office chair.
Boasting a thick soft seat cushion, thickened armrests and ultra-high backrest, this recliner office chair will hug your body and let you do your work in the most comfortable position. And as a cherry on top, an adjustable lumbar cushion with the innovative USB electric massager implant will effectively help you relieve fatigue and rest whenever you need it the most.
The only complaint about this office chair is that the lumbar support cushion might get pinched in the gap between the chair’s back and the seat.
- Supports up to 250 pounds
- Massage lumbar cushion
- Retractable padded footrest
- 90-175 degree recline and lock
- 1-year warranty on parts
- Dimensions: 26 x 26 x 51.2 inches
- Weight: 55 pounds
- Manufacturer: KILLABEE
- Thickened armrests
- Racing design castors
- Available in 3 colors
- The lumbar support cushion might get pinched in the gap between the back of the chair and the seat
If you’re searching for a nice-looking leather executive chair with a footrest, the YOURLITEAMZ ergonomic recliner office chair is an affordable option that you’ll fall in love with.
This large ergonomic PU leather racing chair can hold up to 330 pounds and features adjustable headrest and armrests to make your work or game day even more comfortable. Plus, you can rest yourself by tilting the back to 170 degrees and enjoy a snap sleep if needed. This recliner chair with a footrest is a perfect fit for both the office interior and private gaming room.
Just be prepared that the armrests might lose sponginess after about two months. Otherwise, it’s an awesome recliner office chair that will add elegance and style to your workspace.
- Up to 170 degrees recline
- High-quality PU leather
- Supports up to 330 pounds
- Foldable 5-star base certified by BIFMA
- Adjustable headrest and armrest
- Overall Height: 46.5″- 49.6″
- Seat Height: 18″-21.3″
- Manufacturer: YOURLITEAMZ
- Available in 15 color combinations
- Large size chair
- Non-slip and non-scratch rolling caster wheels
- The armrest might lose sponginess after about two months
Hbada is a well-known manufacturer of high-quality office chairs. So, it’s not surprising that they also took care of creating a comfy executive recliner chair with a footrest.
This high-back computer chair is upholstered in high-quality PU leather. It features a double-layer ergonomic backrest that consists of soft elastic cotton and a native sponge to fit your spine and support the lumbar. You can also recline this office chair up to 135 degrees and move the linkage armrest with the backrest to make your elbow and forearm rest nicely on the soft padded armrests.
However, if you like to rock in your chair, be aware that it doesn’t have this feature.
- Supports up to 275 pounds
- Double layer ergonomic backrest
- 90-135 degree recline
- Upholstered in high-quality PU leather
- Padded linkage armrest adjust
- Dimensions: 29.2 x 23.3 x 12.8 inches
- Weight: 44.5 pounds
- Manufacturer: Hbada
- Simple and elegant design
- Mute nylon wheels
- Pneumatic seat height adjustment
- The chair does not have a rocking feature
Still searching for that ideal executive office chair with a footrest? Well, we might have already found it for you. The Duramont recliner office chair is an elegant and stylish choice for anyone who enjoys comfort and convenience.
This reclining office chair has soft padding and a waterfall seat edge for less pressure on the back of your legs so that you can stay comfortable even when you have to sit down for hours. The chair also features a locking system that lets you securely keep the right angle you need to, from 90 to 155 degrees.
However, if you’re taller than 6 feet, you should probably consider another option because it might not be the most comfortable model for you.
- Supports up to 250 pounds
- 90-155 degree reclining angle
- The unique waterfall seat edge
- Upholstered in high-quality bonded leather
- 1-year warranty
- Dimensions: 33 x 26.5 x 18 inches
- Weight: 58 pounds
- Manufacturer: Duramont
- Strong solid construction
- Recline lock system
- Classic, elegant design
- Might not be the best fit for those taller than 6 ft.
Here’s another Hbada recliner office chair with a retractable footrest that might spike some interest.
This contemporary ergonomic black mesh office chair increases airflow, keeps you feeling cool and comfortable during long work or gaming sessions. The recliner chair also features a waterfall seat cushion that slopes slightly downward to help reduce stress on your legs. Plus, built-in lumbar support and rotatable headrest let you be in the right sitting posture and protect your neck and waist.
Just like the previous listing, this recliner chair with a footrest is a better fit for people under 5’10.
Read more: Best office chairs for short people
- Contemporary ergonomic black mesh
- Supports up to 250 pounds
- Up to 155 degrees recline
- Adjustable lumbar support, headrest, and armrests
- 8 cm anti-collapse sponge cushion
- Dimensions: 50.3 x 26.7 x 26.7 inches
- Weight: 37 pounds
- Manufacturer: Hbada
- S-shaped ergonomic chair back
- 5-star silenced wheeled base
- Simple, modern design
- May not be the best option for tall people
The DEVAISE reclining office chair with a footrest features a synchronized tilt mechanism that provides you with a smooth, effortless recliner and enables personalized fit. It allows you to lock the chair at any angle between 90-160 degrees.
Also, this reclining chair has a big adjustable seat and armrest with comfortable foam padding to ensure you’re seated in the best position when working or gaming.
Although this chair offers padded armrests, you might find them a bit too thin if you prefer thickly padded ones more.
- Supports up to 300 pounds
- Free-adapted back support
- 90-160 degree recline
- Adjustable height from 45.7″~48.8″
- Linkage armrest support
- Dimensions: 29.4 x 25 x 15 inches
- Weight: 40.9 pounds
- Manufacturer: DEVAISE
- Easy to assemble
- Available in 4 color variations
- Breathable mesh back
- The armrest padding is thin and a bit hard
Things to Consider Before Buying a Reclining Office Chair With a Footrest
If you don’t want to be disappointed with your purchase, here are some crucial things you need to ask yourself before buying a recliner office chair with a footrest.
Does the footrest have padding?
If you want to feel the most comfortable, you should look for a chair that features a padded footrest. That way, you won’t need to put them on hard plastic and can rest without feeling any discomfort.
Is the chair good for both working and gaming?
If you like spending some hours playing video games after work or you’re a full-time gamer, you should opt for a gaming office chair with a footrest as it’ll be suitable for both of these activities, and many more.
What material is it upholstered in?
If you prefer executive style office chairs, then you should probably go for a leather or faux leather desk chair with a footrest. Otherwise, you can also consider mesh back chairs to increase the airflow and are easy to clean.
What’s the chair’s reclining angle?
If you plan on taking naps in your chair, consider the model that can recline up to 170-180 degrees. And if you simply want to recline a little bit to brainstorm ideas and rest your neck, then a smaller recline angle will be good enough for you.
Does the chair have padded armrests?
It might not be an issue for those who rarely use armrests, but if you know you regularly take advantage of them, then make sure you choose a chair that offers padded armrests. Otherwise, the non-padded ones might feel too hard.
What’s its weight capacity?
Most office chairs with a footrest can hold up to 250 pounds of weight. However, if you know you require a chair that can hold more, you can find a few that have a 350-pound weight capacity. Just make sure to check the manufacturer’s specifications.
Is it adjustable?
Adjustability is one of the most important features you should be paying attention to. If comfort is crucial to you, choose a chair that offers height, armrest, headset, and backrest adjustability. This will help you find the most optimal position for your body.
Does it have good lumbar support?
Sitting the whole day in a chair isn’t good for your body, especially your spine. That’s why you should make sure you get an office recliner chair with a footrest that also offers great lumbar support to avoid feeling fatigued and back pain.
How far can the footrest be extended?
This might not be a concern if you’re of an average height. However, if you’re over 6 feet, we’d recommend checking the footrest extension range to ensure it’ll be enough to fit your legs and feet.
What’s the price?
Before starting your search, define the budget you’re willing to spend on your new reclining computer chair with a footrest. Now, there are many affordable models as well as high-end models. Just make sure you’re not overpaying for the features you’ll hardly ever use.
Benefits of a Recliner Office Chair With a Footrest
If you’re still hesitating whether you need a reclining office chair with a footrest or no, here are a few perks that might help you make your decision faster:
- It lets you take a quick nap whenever you want.
- It helps you put less pressure on your legs and feet.
- It helps increase blood flow.
- It allows you to feel more comfortable during long workdays.
- It lets you customize the recline angle according to your preferences.
- It can be no more expensive than a regular office chair without a footrest.
- It can help increase productivity.
Consider an investment in the high-quality office recliner chair with a footrest as a contribution to your daily comfort. Whether you spend hours working, gaming, or reading in your chair, having a nice padded footrest will help you feel more relaxed and less stressed. Plus, it can also help you take better care of your body.
With the multiple adjustable features and big padded seat, a recliner office chair with a footrest will take your home office to the next level. So, don’t hesitate to take your time before opting for one.
We hope you managed to find what you were looking for. And if you have any questions or have an idea what we should review next, please let us know!
How We Review: Our Office Chair Ratings Methodology
At Overheard on Conference Calls, we take pride in how we review office chairs. Our team of office chair experts spend hours researching and reviewing dozens of products before they even start writing their review or article. Our goal is to bring you honest and unbiased information to help you make an informed choice that will be the best for you. Our recommendations are not for sale and they are not influenced by any of the manufacturers we review.
When reviewing an office chair, there are numerous factors we analyze to determine our recommendations. Here are our four most important:
- Comfort: Comfort is key to a good office chair. It’s likely you’ll be sitting in it for hours so you’ll want something that won’t cause you aches and pains after hours of use. We gauge comfort by testing for 4+ hours as well as looking at the thickness of the seat cushion and its material.
- Durability: Not all office chairs are built the same. Our durability factor looks at the quality of the materials and how sturdy the chair is after assembly. Because we have a limited tested period, we also conduct customer research of longtime users.
- Lumbar Support: While this is an ergonomic feature, we made this its own separate rating factor because of how important it is to your overall posture, health, and comfort. We analyze each chair for its lumbar support or lack thereof.
- Ergonomic Features: In addition to lumbar support, we also look at other ergonomic features such as the armrests, height adjustment, reclining, seat ergonomics, and more. The better it is for your ergonomics and the more features/adjustability, the better.
Why isn’t price included on that list? Fair question! We do consider price in the order of our recommendations but because everyone has their own budget in mind, we won’t rule a chair in or out just because it has premium or budget price.
Our team has researched and reviewed hundreds of chairs and we’re confident in our recommendations. We strive to only recommend the best products and we periodically refresh our reviews and rankings.