We are supported by our readers. We may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you if you buy through a link on this page. Learn more.
Nothing can be more critical than feeling comfortable during your workweek. If you’re a remote or office worker, your chair is one of those things you probably care about the most, or at least you should if you want to end your work day free of aches and pains as well as maintaining a good posture.
Once you set off on a mission to find the most comfortable chair out there, you’re most likely to get lost among hundreds of different models and brands. It means that you’ll either buy the first thing you see or spend endless hours choosing the right chair for yourself.
Luckily, during your search, you got to this page where we have already done all the hard work and reviewed the most comfortable office chairs on the market. So, stop wasting your time and dive in!
The Most Comfortable Office Chairs
- Steelcase Series 1 Work Office Chair – Top Choice for Most Comfortable Office Chair
- Duramont Ergonomic Adjustable Office Chair – Best Value
- Homall Gaming Chair – Most Comfortable Racing Chair
- Herman Miller Aeron Ergonomic Chair – Size B – Premium Pick
- SP Dark Velvet Office Chair – Best Thick-Padded Office Chair
- Office Star Comfortable Manager Office Chair – Most Comfortable Adjustable Office Chair
- B2C2B Fabric Executive Office Chair Velvet Desk Chair – Best Textile Office Chair
- CLATINA Big and Tall Ergonomic Office Chair – Most Comfortable Big & Tall Office Chair
- Furmax Comfortable Mid Back Office Chair – Most Affordable Comfortable Office Chair
Steelcase is a premier office chair maker so its no surprise that this chair took our pick as the most comfortable office chair. The Steelcase Series 1 is one of their signature models that provides excellent comfort, support, and adjustability.
The chair features the LiveBack™ flexor system, a unique technology that moves with you to help support your back and spine as you move. The seat cushion is well-designed and we found it comfy even after a long day of work.
Just about everything on the chair is adjustable. You can adjust the arms 4 different ways to get them right where it’s ideal for you. The lumbar support and seat depth are adjustable too along with the standards of any good office chair: seat height and recline tension.
In all, we think this is a great chair and well deserving of most comfortable.
- Wheels for carpet flooring
- Adjustable arms, seat depth, lumbar, seat height, recline tension
- Mesh back, fabric cushion
- Weight: 29 lbs
- Dimensions: 23.75 x 27 x 41.25 inches
- Supports up to 300 lbs
- Adjustable height: 16.5 – 21.5 inches
- The LiveBack™ flexor system to provide ultimate back support
- Adjustable seat depth
- Includes Steelcase warranty
- May get loose and need retightening after months of use
This comfortable office computer chair is a bit pricier than the two previous models, yet it’s worth every penny.
You can literally adjust everything in this chair:
- The headrest height and angle
- The lumbar support height and depth
- The armrest height and distance from the seat
- The seat height
- Backrest tilt
- The tilt tension
The Duramont comfortable desk chair supports up to 330 pounds of weight and will last you a long time. High-quality material and a well-thought-through design will boost your work comfort and make your days more fun. And the best part is that you can easily return this chair within 90 days if you don’t really like it.
The only drawback is that the armrests might feel a bit shaky.
- Supports up to 330 lbs
- Fully adjustable back support
- Breathable mesh back
- Adjustable armrests and headrest
- High-density molded foam “W”-type cushion
- Weight: 43.5 lbs
- Dimensions: 23.6 x 26 x 42 inches
- Manufacturer: Duramont
- 5-year warranty
- Great back support
- Breathable mesh back and a headrest
- Easy to assemble
- 100% money-back guarantee
- The armrests might feel a little shaky
If you’re an avid gamer and need a chair that you can use for both work and leisure, Homall gaming office chair is a safe bet. It’s also suitable for both short and tall people, which is awesome if you struggled to find a suitable chair for a long time.
This computer office chair supports up to 300 pounds and is durable and reliable. It’s made out of wear-resisting PU leather. You can also take advantage of its 90-150-degree reclining function and even take a nap in it if you need one. So, if you’re a remote worker who loves to play video games from time to time, this chair is perfect for you.
- Supports up to 300 lbs
- High-density shaping foam
- Made of skin-friendly PU leather
- Headrest and lumbar cushions
- 90 to 180 degrees angle adjuster
- Weight: 52.9 lbs
- Dimensions: 19.8 x 20.5 x 47.8 inches
- Manufacturer: Homall
- Adjustable height: 17.3 – 21.5 inches
- Durable & reliable
- Can rock back and forth
- Silent rubber casters
- Non-adjustable armrests
Are you ready to spend more than a thousand dollars on a chair to feel as comfortable as never before? If yes, the Herman Miller Aeron ergonomic office chair is a luxury your body strives for.
Once you sit down, you’ll immediately feel the adjustable PostureFit sacral/lumbar support that will take care of your posture like no other chair. Two individual pads flex independently and can be adjusted to fit the curve of your spine. As a result, the chair evenly distributes the pressure through your body while you’re working, making you forget about discomfort while working.
This high-tech chair also has a tilt limiter that lets you set the recline range at one of three postures and change the seat angle from neutral to engaged.
If you’re not on a tight budget and want to find the most comfortable computer chair, Herman Miller is the way to go. The only drawback is that this model doesn’t have a headrest.
- Pixelated spine and ribs back support
- Comes in three different sizes
- Made of recycled airflow material
- Adjustable PostureFit sacral/lumbar support
- 2 adjustable seat angles
- Weight: 41 lbs
- Dimensions: 27 x 27 x 41 inches
- Manufacturer: Herman Miller
- Four different support layers
- Innovative ergonomic design
- 3 different colors
- No headrest
If you love both comfort and velvet, the Seatingplus office chair is your ultimate winner. It’s soft and pleasant to sit on during a long workday. Plus, it’s super stylish and will fit almost any interior design.
This chair has a human-oriented ergonomic construction that provides great lumbar support and lets you live life with back and leg pain. You can also rock back and forwards in it when you need to take a few minutes to rest.
Depending on your height and body structure, you can easily adjust the chair’s height and stop worrying about your posture. Soft and flexible foam filling will give you the feeling of sitting on a cloud.
And while this office chair is ultra-comfy, it might make a few creaky sounds from time to time.
- Supports up to 280 pounds
- Soft velvet fabric seating cover
- Headrest pillow and lumbar cushion
- Tilt locking mechanism 20-30 degrees angle adjuster
- Flip-up armrests
- Weight: 42.45 lbs
- Dimensions: 28.3 x 25.4 x 15.3 inches
- Manufacturer: Seatingplus
- Human-oriented ergonomic construction
- Heavy-duty nylon base
- Free exchange or full refund within 30 days
- It might make creaking sounds
The Office Star mesh back chair was designed to fit all shapes and sizes. You can adjust the seat tilt, seat depth, seat height, and even armrests to your specific comfort level.
Just like some of the other models on the list, this chair features a mesh ProGrid back for better breathability and extended comfort. Plus, it has built-in lumbar support to help you keep your posture in a healthy condition. You can also easily fine-tune the height and width of the arms and enjoy sitting in your new chair even more.
This manager’s office chair has a thick padded seat that you might not want to leave after you finish work. Don’t believe us? Just try!
But beware that the backrest and lumbar support are not adjustable.
- Supports up to 250 lbs
- Contoured mesh ProGrid back
- Adjustable seat height and depth
- Height and width adjustable arms
- 5 level multi-function control
- Weight: 50.1 lbs
- Dimensions: 29 x 27.88 x 42.63 inches
- Manufacturer: Office Star
- BIFMA Certified
- Mid-back or high-back options
- Durable and breathable
- The backrest and lumbar support are not adjustable
If you’re looking for a comfy yet modest office chair, the B2C2B soft fabric office chair will pleasantly impress you with its quality and functionality.
Thanks to the tiltable and fixed modes, you can easily find the optimum position for your daily work comfort. Plus, its folding padded armrest will make your arms totally relaxed. This chair also features a thoughtfully designed headrest that fits human arc and thus relieves neck fatigue. In addition, its bilateral arc backrest relieves stress on the spine and protects your lumbar area. And finally, a high-quality sponged seat will save your legs from going numb during a long workday.
When it comes to quality and comfort, this office chair can compete with some of the more expensive models on the market. Just a few minutes of assembling, and it’s all yours. Just keep in mind that with time it might squeak a bit when you lean on it.
- Supports up to 300 lbs
- Soft velvet cover
- Spacious and wide seat
- Flip-up armrests
- Rocking back 90-120 degrees
- Weight: 36.4 lbs
- Dimensions: 25 x 24 x 12 inches
- Manufacturer: B2C2B
- Waterfall seat edge
- Exceeds all ANSI/BIFMA standards
- Mute nylon casters
- Might squeak when you lean in the chair
If you’re looking for a super soft office chair that would fit your body curve and let you sit in the same position comfortably and cozily, the CLATINA big and tall office chair would be an excellent fit for you.
This chair has many adjustable features to help you find the most comfortable seating position. The soft headrest will provide great support for your neck, and the soft velour fabric will feel pleasant to the touch. Plus, a waterfall-edge seat will offer your legs comfort they’ve never experienced before.
With this office desk chair, you can be sure your spine is in good hands. This high-quality ergonomic chair is the budget-friendly option you’ve been looking for.
The only thing you should be aware of is that this lovely velour fabric might stick a bit to your skin on hot days.
- Thickened armrests
- Skin-friendly fabric
- Back tilt adjustment
- Dual-layered waterfall edge seat
- Supports up to 400 lbs
- Weight: 47.3 lbs
- Dimensions: 27.9 x 32.3 x 50.5 inches
- Manufacturer: CLATINA
- 5-year manufacturer warranty
- Flexible & durable
- Fits the human body curve
- The velour fabric might stick to your clothing a little bit
The Furmax mid-back office chair is a rare find that will cost you approximately $50. However, even though it’s cheaper than other chair models on this list, the Furmax chair will provide you with surprising quality and comfort.
Breathable mesh back will let you stay cool on hot days, while a thick padded seat will be perfect for daily use. Plus, its smooth casters will take good care of your hardwood floor. So if you like changing your chairs or simply want to experiment with different options, this comfortable office chair is great to start with. And did we mention that it has 34K+ reviews?
While this office chair is affordable and comfy, you might find it to be a bit noisy.
- Supports up to 265 lbs
- Thick-padded seat
- Wing-type back support
- Breathable mesh back
- Convenient tilt mechanism
- Weight: 22 lbs
- Dimensions: 24.2 x 24.2 x 41.2 inches
- Manufacturer: Furmax
- Sturdy & reliable
- Smooth casters
- The chair might be a bit too noisy
Things to Consider When Choosing the Most Comfortable Office Chair
Before you jump into the sea of office chair models, there are a few things you need to be aware of to ensure you choose the most comfortable option. Here are some of them.
Does this chair have an ergonomic design?
This is, by far, one of the most crucial criteria for a comfy chair. It has to fit your natural body structure and provide you with excellent lumbar support. Otherwise, you’ll feel super tired and achy after a typical workday.
Does a chair have adjustable seat height?
There’s no magic chair that would fit every single person. That’s why you need to check whether your new chair is adjustable to suit your height and weight, especially if you’re on a taller side.
What will I be using this chair for?
Always define what you’re going to use your chair for. Is it for work? For gaming? Or for both? It’ll make it easier for you to choose the right office chair for ultimate comfort.
How much weight can it support?
If you know you need a comfy office chair that would support more than 350 pounds, make sure to go for a big and tall model. These chairs have wider seats and taller backs as well as much stronger bases. So, if you want a chair that would be both comfortable and durable, ensure you check specifications thoroughly.
What type of material is it upholstered in?
Depending on your preferences, you’ll most likely end up choosing between mesh, PU leather, or textile. Some of the materials are more durable and easier to clean, while others might be more breathable. So, take into consideration the amount of time you will spend in that chair and the climate.
How much does the chair cost?
Your budget will play a significant role when it comes to the final decision. Just beware that even if you go for a more high-end model, still make sure it fits the rest of your criteria. And vice versa, if you choose a more affordable office chair, keep in mind that it might not last as long as you would wish.
Does the chair have adjustable armrests?
For many, the armrests won’t play a huge role. But if it’s a deal-breaker for you, check whether the office chair of your choice features adjustable or flip-up armrests. This can also help you save some space if you don’t have too much of it.
Does the chair offer adjustable tilt and rocking functions?
Again, this will mostly depend on how you prefer to use your chair. But if you like to take short brainstorming breaks during your workdays, it can be very convenient if you can lean back and relax in your office chair.
Does it have a headrest?
Some people prefer mid-back office chairs while some need to have a proper headrest to avoid pain afterward. So your choices will mostly come down to either a built-in headrest or an adjustable headrest. Luckily, there are plenty of options out there to fit your requirements.
Does it fit your office interior?
While it might not be the most critical thing to worry about, it’d be great if your chair was both comfortable and looked presentable. So, don’t be afraid to spend a few extra minutes choosing the color and imagining the chair in different rooms where you might use it.
Is a Comfortable Office Chair Worth It?
Sometimes, you need to leave your comfort zone to reach your goals. However, this doesn’t relate to office chairs. Working long hours while sitting in one position isn’t easy nor healthy. That’s why it’s crucial to find an office chair that would be your most comfortable zone.
When making the final decision, make sure you consider the chair’s design, functions, and usability. This is how you’ll know you made the right decision and chose an office chair to fit your body curve and save you from back pain.
We hope that our comprehensive guide to the top nine most comfortable office chairs will help you better understand the main chair specifications and make a good purchase. If you have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to let us know.
How We Review: Our Office Chair Ratings Methodology
At Overheard on Conference Calls, we take pride in how we review office chairs. Our team of office chair experts spend hours researching and reviewing dozens of products before they even start writing their review or article. Our goal is to bring you honest and unbiased information to help you make an informed choice that will be the best for you. Our recommendations are not for sale and they are not influenced by any of the manufacturers we review.
When reviewing an office chair, there are numerous factors we analyze to determine our recommendations. Here are our four most important:
- Comfort: Comfort is key to a good office chair. It’s likely you’ll be sitting in it for hours so you’ll want something that won’t cause you aches and pains after hours of use. We gauge comfort by testing for 4+ hours as well as looking at the thickness of the seat cushion and its material.
- Durability: Not all office chairs are built the same. Our durability factor looks at the quality of the materials and how sturdy the chair is after assembly. Because we have a limited tested period, we also conduct customer research of longtime users.
- Lumbar Support: While this is an ergonomic feature, we made this its own separate rating factor because of how important it is to your overall posture, health, and comfort. We analyze each chair for its lumbar support or lack thereof.
- Ergonomic Features: In addition to lumbar support, we also look at other ergonomic features such as the armrests, height adjustment, reclining, seat ergonomics, and more. The better it is for your ergonomics and the more features/adjustability, the better.
Why isn’t price included on that list? Fair question! We do consider price in the order of our recommendations but because everyone has their own budget in mind, we won’t rule a chair in or out just because it has premium or budget price.
Our team has researched and reviewed hundreds of chairs and we’re confident in our recommendations. We strive to only recommend the best products and we periodically refresh our reviews and rankings.