Working at a desk isn’t always the most pleasurable thing in the world so you want to make sure you make it comfortable as possible. That means you need to find the desk that’s right for you. If you’re looking for the best L shaped desk for work, you’ve come to the right place.
There are many different desks, which serve wildly different purposes, but the best L shaped desks have a spacious design and are tailor-made to suit your specific needs. Below, you’re going to find the top seven picks for top-of-the-line L shaped desks.
One of the most comfortable corner desk options on the market, Mr. IRONSTONE L-Shaped Desk, has quite a lot to offer. A great combination of quality, a slick design, and an affordable price tag make this spacious desk an excellent option.
It’s also fairly straightforward to assemble, so you don’t have to worry about that (especially if you aren’t as handy, like me). The desk is a steel and wood design and it holds up well.
The only complaint is that the leg rest may be a little too short for taller people and sometimes the X-shaped support gets in the way.
Related: How to set up your home office
- Very easy to assemble
- Extremely spacious
- High-quality, durable materials
- Sturdy design
- Dimensions: 58.7 x 58.7 x 29.9 inches
- Item Weight: 58.4 pounds
- Manufacturer: DASEJEN Furniture and beyond Inc
- Lightly textured
- Adjustable footing
- Steel and wood designed desk
- The X-shaped support tends to get in the way
- The leg rest is a bit too short for taller people
The GreenForest L Shaped Desk doesn’t only come with an aesthetically pleasing design; it also comes with a shelf. Shelves aren’t that common on corner desks, but they’re exceedingly convenient. The desk itself is also very spacious, which makes it ideal both for gaming and work.
The X-legs don’t obstruct your leg space, and the desk comes with a steel footrest, making it suitable for people of any height. It also has a built-in area for a PC tower — great organization.
One of the downsides is that it was one of the trickier desks to put together.
Related: Best office chairs under $50
- A trendy contemporary look
- Very spacious
- It comes with a fully movable shelf
- A sturdy, textured walnut work surface
- A slick black/walnut design
- Designated PC space under the desk
- Dimensions: 57.9 x 24 x 29.5 inches
- Item Weight: 40 pounds
- Manufacturer: GreenForest
- Movable shelf
- Sturdy material makeup
- Designated PC space
- Non-obstructive X-shaped legs
- A relatively complex assembly process
The Walker Edison L Shaped Desk is one of the best-looking on this list, all due to it’s slick black, steel, and glass design and material makeup. It’s also tremendously sturdy and surprisingly simple to assemble. It comes with a designated PC spot, and its design doesn’t obstruct any leg movement like some other L shaped desks.
Another important thing about this desk is that it’s compatible with other Walker Edison L shaped desks. If you want, you can purchase two and merge them together.
Be careful with the glass top. While sturdy, it has a tendency to crack if you’re moving it around too often.
Related: Best standing desk converter
- A well made, tempered glass workspace
- A powder-coated steel finish
- A sturdy sliding keyboard tray
- Straightforward assembly
- Flexible setup
- Dimensions: 20 x 51 x 29 inches
- Item Weight: 57 pounds
- Manufacturer: WE Furniture
- Aesthetically pleasing design
- Top of the line materials
- Compatibility with other WE Furniture L Shaped Desks
- Ideal for business, gaming, or both
- Anti-scratch, anti-scruff, and easy to clean workspace
- Fairly pricey
- Although able to be moved, the glass panel tends to crack when moved around a lot
Unlike the previous additions on this list, the Monarch Specialties Hollow-Core Corner Desk has a slick wooden design, complete with a PC stand, drawers, thick wood panels, and a multitude of other features.
It has a modestly spacious workspace, making it ideal for more traditional offices. The drawers are designed so that there is ample space for your tools, files, or work-related items.
Like the GreenForest desk, it was a bit trickier to assemble.
Related: Best high back office chairs
- A unique hollow core design
- Thick wood panels
- Slick, left, or right corner compatibility
- Very durable
- 3 Drawers of varying sizes
- Plenty of space on top of the desk
- Even more space under the desk
- Designated PC spot
- Dimensions: 60 x 47 x 30 inches
- Item Weight: 66.2 pounds
- Manufacturer: Monarch Specialties
- Left or right corner compatibility
- Unmatched amount of storage space
- Plenty of room
- Very sturdy and slick design
- Ideal for home offices
- Quick arrival
- Complicated setup
- Heavier than competitors
When you’re looking for an exemplary L shaped desk, which is also space conscious for your small home office, you’re looking for the Le Crozz SHW L-Shaped Desk. This contemporary designed desk is effortless to assemble and serves as an archetypal centerpiece for any office.
It’s sturdy, and space-aware design makes it suitable for smaller offices, while still providing an ample work surface.
It’s a bit of a shorter desk, so keep that in mind if you’re looking to purchase.
Read more: Best lap desks
- Compact yet spacious
- Very affordable
- Durable powder-coated steel frame
- Great value
- Dimensions: 51 x 51 x 28.5 inches
- Item Weight: 32 pounds
- Manufacturer: SHW
- Very lightweight
- In-depth assembly instructions
- Ideal for gaming, business, and more
- Non-obstructive steel frame
- Questionable quality material
- Relatively short desk
If you’re looking for a sturdy L shaped desk inspired by antique furniture, the Bush Furniture Salinas L Shaped Desk has got you covered. This urban yet antique design is sure to fit any workspace and add a dash of class to your office.
It also has quite a large workspace, and a box drawer to accommodate all your work items.
While it’s a plus that it’s extremely sturdy and well-built, that comes with the downside of being quite heavy.
Read more: Best office chair cushions
- Very sturdy material makeup
- Spacious workstation
- Accommodates two monitors with ease
- Drop drawer and drawer combination for all your work items
- Three different colors to accommodate any space
- Dimensions: 60 x 60 x 30 inches
- Item Weight: 116.8 pounds
- Manufacturer: Bush Industries
- Antique design
- Very spacious
- Extremely high-end materials
- Aesthetically pleasing
- Drawer and box drawer
- Extremely heavy
- Expensive shipping
- Complex setup
This slick glass L shaped desk is the answer to all your gaming and professional needs alike, and a quintessential addition to any office. The contemporary design is only supplemented with a high end tempered glass workspace, and a strong steel frame.
It comes with a hefty glass shelf to accommodate any extra items you might have; an additional monitor, books, or another laptop.
Read more: Best cheap standing desks
- Great design
- Steel and tempered glass material makeup
- Easy to clean
- Surprisingly easy to assemble
- Pull-out keyboard tray
- Welded, sturdy frame
- Dimensions: 24 x 60 x 37 inches
- Item Weight: 96.5 pounds
- Manufacturer: Z-Line Designs
- Spacious workspace
- Accommodates multiple devices
- Shatterproof glass design
- Ideal for LED table customization
- Great gaming desk
- Fairly heavy
Things to Consider When Buying an L Shaped Desk
Is the design sturdy?
A key thing when looking for an L shaped desk is to question its sturdiness. You don’t want to rest your expensive work equipment on a flimsy work desk.
What’s it made out of?
When you’re looking for an ideal corner desk, you want it to have an excellent material composition. While glass tables might be gorgeous, they tend to shatter.
Is it easy to clean?
Spills are inevitable, and you want a corner desk that isn’t a nightmare to clean.
Does it come with shelves and drawers?
Not all workspaces consist of a single laptop and a keyboard. If you have more items in your workstation, you want to have space for them on your desk.
Does it obstruct leg space?
Some L shaped desks tend to block leg space with their frame. If possible, avoid them.
Does it fit in with the rest of your work area?
You don’t want your corner desk to stick out. You want it to blend it in with the rest of your workspace.
Does the desk come with a warranty?
When shipping large items like this, they tend to get damaged in the process. That is why warranties and money-back guarantees matter.