If you work at a desk, game, or just use a computer for long periods of time during the day or during the week, you want to make sure you make it comfortable as possible. That means you need to find the desk that’s right for you. An L-shaped desk might be a good option as it provides ample space for your keyboard, mouse, dual monitors, decor, and anything else you like to keep on your desk.
If you’re looking for the best L shaped desk for work, you’ve come to the right place.
There are tons of options out there on the market, so it can be tough to know which one is right for you. But the best L shaped desks have a spacious design and are tailor-made to suit your specific needs. Below, you’re going to find the top ten picks for top-of-the-line L shaped desks.
The Best L-Shaped Desks
- Mr. IRONSTONE L-Shaped Desk – Best Overall
- GreenForest L Shaped Desk with Moveable Shelf – Best for Adjustability
- Walker Edison L Shaped Desk – Best Modern
- Monarch Specialties Hollow-Core Corner Desk – Best for Storage
- Le Crozz SHW L-Shape Desk – Best Value
- Bush Furniture Salinas Corner Desk – Best Large Workspace
- Z-Line Belaire Glass Computer Desk – Best Glass Desk
- TOPSKY L-Shaped Computer Desk – Best Minimal
- Teraves Reversible Desk With Shelves – Best Reversible
- VASAGLE L-Shaped Computer Desk – Best Wood Look
One of the most comfortable corner desk options on the market, the Mr. IRONSTONE L-Shaped Desk has quite a lot to offer. A great combination of quality, a slick design, and an affordable price tag make this spacious desk an excellent option.
It’s also fairly straightforward to assemble, so you don’t have to worry about that (especially if you aren’t as handy, like me). The desk is a steel and wood design and it holds up well.
The only complaint is that the leg rest may be a little too short for taller people and sometimes the X-shaped support gets in the way.
Related: How to set up your home office
- Very easy to assemble
- Extremely spacious
- High-quality, durable materials
- Sturdy design
- Dimensions: 58.7 x 58.7 x 29.9 inches
- Item Weight: 58.4 pounds
- Manufacturer: DASEJEN Furniture and beyond Inc
- Lightly textured
- Adjustable footing
- Steel and wood designed desk
- The X-shaped support tends to get in the way
- The leg rest is a bit too short for taller people
The GreenForest L Shaped Desk doesn’t only come with an aesthetically pleasing design, it also comes with a shelf. Shelves aren’t that common on corner desks, but they’re exceedingly convenient. The desk itself is also very spacious, which makes it ideal both for gaming and work.
The X-legs don’t obstruct your leg space, and the desk comes with a steel footrest, making it suitable for people of any height. It also has a built-in area for a PC tower — great organization.
One of the downsides is that it was one of the trickier desks to put together.
Related: Best office chairs under $50
- A trendy contemporary look
- Very spacious
- It comes with a fully movable shelf
- A sturdy, textured walnut work surface
- A slick black/walnut design
- Designated PC space under the desk
- Dimensions: 57.9 x 24 x 29.5 inches
- Item Weight: 40 pounds
- Manufacturer: GreenForest
- Movable shelf
- Sturdy material makeup
- Designated PC space
- Non-obstructive X-shaped legs
- A relatively complex assembly process
The Walker Edison L Shaped Desk is one of the best-looking on this list, all due to it’s slick black, steel, and glass design and material makeup. It’s also tremendously sturdy and surprisingly simple to assemble. It comes with a designated PC spot, and its design doesn’t obstruct any leg movement like some other L shaped desks.
Another important thing about this desk is that it’s compatible with other Walker Edison L shaped desks. If you want, you can purchase two and merge them together.
Be careful with the glass top. While sturdy, it has a tendency to crack if you’re moving it around too often.
Related: Best standing desk converter
- A well made, tempered glass workspace
- A powder-coated steel finish
- A sturdy sliding keyboard tray
- Straightforward assembly
- Flexible setup
- Dimensions: 20 x 51 x 29 inches
- Item Weight: 57 pounds
- Manufacturer: WE Furniture
- Aesthetically pleasing design
- Top of the line materials
- Compatibility with other WE Furniture L Shaped Desks
- Ideal for business, gaming, or both
- Anti-scratch, anti-scruff, and easy to clean workspace
- Fairly pricey
- Although able to be moved, the glass panel tends to crack when moved around a lot
Unlike the previous additions on this list, the Monarch Specialties Hollow-Core Corner Desk has a slick wooden design, complete with a PC stand, drawers, thick wood panels, and a multitude of other features.
It has a modestly spacious workspace, making it ideal for more traditional offices. The drawers are designed so that there is ample space for your tools, files, or work-related items.
Like the GreenForest desk, it was a bit trickier to assemble.
Related: Best high back office chairs
- A unique hollow core design
- Thick wood panels
- Slick, left, or right corner compatibility
- Very durable
- 3 Drawers of varying sizes
- Plenty of space on top of the desk
- Even more space under the desk
- Designated PC spot
- Dimensions: 60 x 47 x 30 inches
- Item Weight: 66.2 pounds
- Manufacturer: Monarch Specialties
- Left or right corner compatibility
- Unmatched amount of storage space
- Plenty of room
- Very sturdy and slick design
- Ideal for home offices
- Quick arrival
- Complicated setup
- Heavier than competitors
When you’re looking for an exemplary L shaped desk, which is also space conscious for your small home office, you’re looking for the Le Crozz SHW L-Shaped Desk. This contemporary designed desk is effortless to assemble and serves as an archetypal centerpiece for any office.
It’s sturdy, and space-aware design makes it suitable for smaller offices, while still providing an ample work surface.
It’s a bit of a shorter desk, so keep that in mind if you’re looking to purchase.
Read more: Best lap desks
- Compact yet spacious
- Very affordable
- Durable powder-coated steel frame
- Great value
- Dimensions: 51 x 51 x 28.5 inches
- Item Weight: 32 pounds
- Manufacturer: SHW
- Very lightweight
- In-depth assembly instructions
- Ideal for gaming, business, and more
- Non-obstructive steel frame
- Questionable quality material
- Relatively short desk
If you’re looking for a sturdy L shaped desk inspired by antique furniture, the Bush Furniture Salinas L Shaped Desk has got you covered. This urban yet antique design is sure to fit any workspace and add a dash of class to your office.
It also has quite a large workspace, and a box drawer to accommodate all your work items.
While it’s a plus that it’s extremely sturdy and well-built, that comes with the downside of being quite heavy.
Read more: Best office chair cushions
- Very sturdy material makeup
- Spacious workstation
- Accommodates two monitors with ease
- Drop drawer and drawer combination for all your work items
- Three different colors to accommodate any space
- Dimensions: 60 x 60 x 30 inches
- Item Weight: 116.8 pounds
- Manufacturer: Bush Industries
- Antique design
- Very spacious
- Extremely high-end materials
- Aesthetically pleasing
- Drawer and box drawer
- Extremely heavy
- Expensive shipping
- Complex setup
This slick glass L shaped desk is the answer to all your gaming and professional needs alike, and a quintessential addition to any office. The contemporary design is only supplemented with a high end tempered glass workspace, and a strong steel frame.
It comes with a hefty glass shelf to accommodate any extra items you might have; an additional monitor, books, or another laptop.
Read more: Best cheap standing desks
- Great design
- Steel and tempered glass material makeup
- Easy to clean
- Surprisingly easy to assemble
- Pull-out keyboard tray
- Welded, sturdy frame
- Dimensions: 24 x 60 x 37 inches
- Item Weight: 96.5 pounds
- Manufacturer: Z-Line Designs
- Spacious workspace
- Accommodates multiple devices
- Shatterproof glass design
- Ideal for LED table customization
- Great gaming desk
- Fairly heavy
TOPSKY L-Shaped Desk Corner Computer Desk is an elegant piece of oak furniture with a white frame. It’s a perfect choice if you’re looking for a spacious and simple L-shaped home office desk. Not only will it fit into almost any interior, but it’ll also provide you with enough room for multiple monitors, laptops, or consoles.
This nice L-shaped desk has a solid construction, so you can be sure it’ll serve you a long time if you take good care of it. Also, if you want to opt for a more sustainable purchase, TOPSKY furniture is made out of synthetic, environmentally-friendly wood.
The only drawback is that the desk surface scratches very easily. So, you just need to be careful about that and use coasters if required.
Read more: Most comfortable office chairs
- Rustic and stylish look
- Made of synthetic wood
- Large space over and under the desk
- Perfect for a home office
- Dimensions: 55 x 55 x 29.13 inches
- Item Weight: 65.3 pounds
- Manufacturer: TOPSKY
- Sturdy and solid construction
- Environmentally-friendly materials
- Big space
- 1-year warranty
- TOPSKY original Bevel Edge Design
- Easy-to-scratch surface
- Assembly can be time-consuming if you don’t follow the instructions precisely
If you like having everything you need handy, this reversible L-shaped desk might be exactly what you’re looking for. With its versatile storage space, you’ll be able to fit almost anything into this desk and even place decorations to make it a cozier workstation.
Whether you decide to use Teraves computer desk at home or office, its modern, sleek, and elegant design won’t leave anyone around indifferent. Plus, it’s designed with adjustable leg pads to suit your specific height needs.
One of the most common complaints about this desk is that the assembly instructions are quite vague, and it can be pretty challenging if you have never assembled furniture before.
Read more: Best dual monitor stand
- Rustic and stylish look
- Made of black oak
- Reversible design
- Open 2-tier shelves for storage
- Dimensions: 68.9 x 53.15 x 29.53 inches
- Item Weight: 66.1 pounds
- Manufacturer: Teraves
- Rugged and reliable mechanical design
- Adjustable leg pads for balance
- Safe, rounded corners
- Comes with a free CPU stand
- Designed with monitor mount hole
- Assembly can be challenging as the instructions aren’t very precise
If you’re on the hunt for an L-shaped home office desk that would boost your work confidence and bring a modern look into your interior, VASAGLE rustic-brown computer desk will definitely catch your attention.
Both sides of this space-saving L-Shaped home office desk are the same length, which means you can easily fit it into any corner. The desk comes with two shelves that you can use to store books, files, or decorations. Also, you’ll be able to assemble this beautiful desk without putting too much effort.
While the desk has a slick design and a removable shelf, if you want to use it for a computer tower, make sure it will fit as space might not be wide enough.
Read more: Best office chairs with footrests
- Appealing rustic brown tabletop
- Space-saving design
- Adjustable feet
- Large surface
- Dimensions: 54.3 x 54.3 x 29.5 inches
- Item Weight: 55.1 pounds
- Manufacturer: VASAGLE
- Dimensions: 54.3 x 54.3 x 29.5 inches
- Item Weight: 55.1 pounds
- Manufacturer: VASAGLE
- The shelf space might be too small for a bigger computer tower
Things to Consider When Buying an L-Shaped Desk
Is the design sturdy?
A key thing when looking for an L-shaped desk is to question its sturdiness. Firstly, you don’t want to risk resting your expensive work equipment on a flimsy work desk. Secondly, you don’t want it to shake every time someone walks by. And thirdly, let’s just admit that it’s super annoying when your office desk shakes all the time.
What’s it made out of?
When you’re looking for an ideal corner desk, you want it to have an excellent material composition. While glass tables might be gorgeous, they tend to shatter. So, if you have kids running around, you should probably go for a wooden one. Also, if you try to make environmentally-sustainable choices, there are quite a few L-shaped desks out there made out of synthetic wood.
Is it easy to clean and hard to scratch?
Spills are inevitable, and you want a corner desk that isn’t a nightmare to clean. Plus, you also don’t want it to be easily scratched. If you’re an avid coffee/tea drinker, then you know that sometimes things happen. Having a desk that is easy to clean and hard to scratch is crucial for all the busy office bees out there.
Is it reversible?
Being able to fit your L-shaped desk into any room or office is pretty important if you haven’t made your mind about where exactly you want to place it. Also, reversible desks allow you to experiment with the design or simply change things a little bit to bring more freshness into your workspace.
Does it come with shelves and drawers?
Not all workspaces consist of a single laptop and a keyboard. If you have more items in your workstation, you want to have space for them on your desk. Or, if you want to add some personal touch to your office desk and make it look unique, shelves give you a chance to turn your imagination into reality and decorate it perfectly.
Does it obstruct leg space?
Some L-shaped desks tend to block leg space with their frame. If possible, avoid them, especially if you have long legs and like to stretch while working. However, if you don’t really care about the leg space and want something high-tech and unique, there are quite a few L-shaped office desks out there to suit your needs.
Does it fit in with the rest of your work area?
You don’t want your corner desk to stick out. You want it to blend in with the rest of your workspace. Also, you’d ideally want it to fit into the office interior and don’t stand out too much. For example, if your office has more of a classic interior, then a futurist-looking L-shaped desk won’t probably be the best fit.
Does the desk come with a warranty?
When shipping large items like this, they tend to get damaged in the process. That is why warranties and money-back guarantees matter. Also, it’s worth checking how much the return will cost you. Since an L-shaped desk can be pretty heavy, you don’t want to spend more on returning it than what you actually paid for it.
Is an L-Shaped Desk Useful?
Let’s put it this way; once you switch to an L-shaped office desk, you will never want to go back to regular computer desks. And there are a few good reasons why.
Firstly, an L-shaped desk provides you with much more space. It means that you can place two desktops, a printer, books, documents, cacti, you name it.
Secondly, this type of home office desk can make your workspace look cozier and more ergonomic.
Thirdly, if you and your partner work from home but don’t have space for two separate desks, some L-shaped desks can perfectly accommodate both of you.
And finally, an L-shaped desk can make your workflow much more efficient by letting you keep everything you need for work with an arms reach.
Benefits of an L-Shaped Desks
An L-shaped desk is one of the most space-efficient office furniture you can acquire. And here are a few benefits you’ll definitely enjoy if you get one:
- Unlike other regular desks, you can nicely fit an L-shaped desk into almost any corner without making it look weird.
- An L-shaped desk can save you space by letting you keep all the necessary work things in one place.
- You can use it simultaneously with another person in your household if needed.
- You can make your workspace greener by placing plants on your new L-shaped desk.
- By putting an L-shaped desk into a specific spot, you might be able to work from two sides of the room facing in both directions.
- You’ll finally have enough storage and leg space underneath your computer desk.
- You can set up your workspace in the most convenient way for yourself. For example, put a desktop or laptop on one side and a writing/reading setup on the other one.
- An L-shaped desk will help you create a workstation where you can work and relax at the same time.
Choosing a quality and convenient L-shaped desk can be a pretty daunting task if you aren’t sure what to pay attention to. So, here are a few crucial points you should consider when opting for a specific L-shaped office desk:
- If you aren’t sure where exactly you’ll fit your new desk, go for a reversible option to avoid returns and all the extra hassle.
- If you aren’t familiar with assembling furniture, make sure the desk you choose has clear setup guidelines from the manufacturer.
- If you prefer to eat and drink at your workstation, opt for an L-shaped desk with a non-scratch surface.
- If you’re prone to changing your mind frequently, ensure that the seller provides an easy return policy.
- If you want to make your workspace ergonomic, buy a desk that comes with adjustable leg pads.
We hope you managed to find what you were looking for. And if you have any questions or have an idea what we should review next, please let us know!