As a consumer, you’re pretty familiar with Amazon, or at least we’d be really shocked if you weren’t. However, as a business owner, you might not know you can take advantage of this e-commerce giant too. How? With the help of Amazon Business.
So, what is Amazon Business, how does it work, and what benefits does it have for your business? Read our comprehensive guide to learn the answers to these questions and more.
What Is Amazon Business?
Amazon Business is basically a version of Amazon that is meant to serve only businesses, small or big. It allows them to have better control over the procurement process and, eventually, save money.
Do you want to create multiple accounts for your team members, set daily spending budget, monitor the purchases, be able to buy in bulk, get various discounts, and have access to the plethora of business products, such as office chairs or coffee makers on Amazon? Then you might want to register as an Amazon Business user.
Why is it worth creating an account? Because it offers features that are created to assist various business needs and make the life of business owners and their employees more comfortable.
It’s is available in the following countries:
Note: If you don’t want to upgrade your current Amazon account, you’ll need to use a new email address to register for an Amazon Business account.
Benefits of Amazon Business
Amazon Business was created for a reason – to help businesses cut costs and operate more efficiently. So far, users are pretty satisfied with the perks they get:
- Business-only prices: You get special discounts on millions of products, as well as quantity discounts and bulk purchases. The more you buy, the more you save.
- Offer comparison: You can see offers from different sellers on a single page.
- Business-only products: Just choose your industry and browse an unlimited amount of products.
- Seller credentials: You have the option to browse sellers by unique attributes such as s small business, women-owned, and minority-owned.
- Integrated purchasing system: You can use Amazon as a catalog on more than 90 systems.
- Multi-user accounts: You can create purchasing groups and share payment methods.
- Approval workflows: You can customize order approvals and set spending limits.
- Reporting and analytics: You can monitor your team’s spending with the help of interactive dashboards.
- Single sign-on (SSO): You can create secure and centralized one-click access to your account.
- Amazon Business Card: You can earn rewards by making purchases or pay later with no interest (only for US purchases.)
- Purchasing lines: You can buy now and pay later, as well as receive detailed invoices.
- Tax-exempt purchasing: You can enroll in the Amazon Tax Exemption Program (ATEP) if your organization is eligible for that.
- Purchasing cards: You can share payment methods both either with the whole team or separate members.
Note: You can also get an Amazon Business Prime account; however, it’s only available in the US, Germany, and Japan.
How much does Amazon Business cost?
Great news: anyone can get an for free. All you need to do is sign up, and you’re all set.
However, if you decide to upgrade to a Business Prime account to get all the extra benefits, the pricing will depend on the number of users per Amazon Business Account:
- Essentials: $179 a year for up to three users
- Small: $499 a year for up to 10 users
- Medium: $1,299 a year for up to 100 users
- Enterprise: $10,099 a year for over 100 users
- Public Sector: $3,499 a year for over 100 users
If you’re not sure whether your company needs Amazon Business Prime, you can easily sign up for a free 30-day trial and then make the final decision.
Price savings and shipping options
Apart from the convenience, account holders have a chance to ripe exclusive pricing and shipping benefits. Why pay more when you can pay less? As a business, you get access to Amazon’s world-class fulfillment capabilities:
- Amazon fulfillment: You can choose the time and way you want your products to be delivered.
- Free shipping on orders over $25 of eligible items.
- Pallet shipping: If your order qualifies, it’ll be delivered on a pallet to your dock or office at once.
And as we’ve already mentioned, if you want to get the most out of the service, you can sign up for a Prime account and get your orders delivered to you in 1-2 days.
We believe that having Amazon Business account is essential for both small businesses and big enterprises because it just makes so much more sense.
It’s free to sign up, so you can enjoy millions of discounts without paying extra. You can get your orders to be delivered for free and on a pallet (if they qualify.) Plus, you can get your whole team on one account and enjoy the hassle-free purchasing experience.
However, one of the main reasons you should use the service is the Amazon Tax Exemption Program. Once you’ve checked your business qualifies for it, you can apply the tax-exempt status to the search and enjoy buying on Amazon even more.
And remember that you can also apply your already existing Amazon Prime account to your single-user business account for free. However, if you have a multi-user Amazon Business, you’d need to get Amazon Business Prime membership to have better shipping options.
Having been launched in 2015, Amazon Business has proved to be an excellent marketplace for businesses of any size. It allows various businesses to build a more straightforward procurement process and save money on multi-unit purchases. That’s why, by all means, it’s worth leveraging the power of Amazon to help your business operate more efficiently.
P.S. While you’re still hesitating, someone’s already saving money with it.