Finding a good and sturdy floating desk that fits perfectly in your office is not an easy task, especially if you work from a home office. You’d be amazed by the sheer variety of wall-mounted desks available on the market.
The number of different options only makes it more difficult to decide which one to get. However, not all floating desks are created equal, and there are some key features that make all the difference.
To make it easier for you, we’ve decided to do a bit of research and offer our pick of the five best floating desk products on the market at the moment.
This beautiful wall-mounted desk arrives from the renowned manufacturer Haotian. It’s a modern design that fits a variety of different room styles.
One of its best features is the amount of storage and organization included. It comes with shelves and drawers to help you store books, office supplies, plants and decorations, and generally organize your workspace while keeping it clutter-free.
It has top and side shelves and even drawers underneath. This floating desk also has holes for cords, but do note that the plastic inserts have a reputation for breaking.
Overall, its perfectly suited for a small home office or work table for children.
- Top and side shelves, and three drawers under the top
- A sturdy structure that extends the desk’s load capacity
- Cable & wire holes
- Color: White
- Material: MDF and chipboard
- Weight: 29.10lbs
- Weight Capacity: 66.14lbs
- Dimensions: W32.28 x D8.66 x H23.62 inch
- Aesthetic design
- Sturdy materials
- Great space-efficient solution for small spaces
- Too small for some consumers
- Plastic inserts for cord holes crack too easily
FOF delivers a beautiful wall-mounted table. Built according to the latest industrial design trends, this table will make a perfect addition to your workspace. More importantly, it’s easy to mount and comes with cast iron brackets and a table surface made out of real wood. It’s definitely very sturdy.
Related: The Best Affordable Office Chairs
- Industrial design
- Made of real wood
- Perfect for home or business use
- Color: Brown / Black
- Material: Pine Wood and Heavy Cast Iron Brackets
- Weight: 15.43 pounds
- Dimensions: 40 x 14 x 12 inches
- Table Surface Dimensions: 40 inches L x 14 inches W
- Great design
- Very sturdy desk
- Easy to mount on all types of walls
- Comes with expansion and self-tapping screws
- It doesn’t fold, which may cause space issues
- It takes time to mount it on a concrete wall
This wall-mounted desk by Haotian is designed to help you save space. There are two open compartments and one drawer to help you keep your things organized and tidy.
The desk comes in white color and should be easy to incorporate in spaces where light colors are dominant ones. You can assemble it with no prior experience. The same goes for installing the wall mounts.
Read more: How to set up a home office
- A great blend of stylish and classic desk design
- Two open compartments and one drawer
- Can be mounted at a convenient height
- Large table surface
- Color: White
- Material: MDF Wood
- Weight: 40.12lbs
- Weight Capacity: 88.12lbs
- Dimensions: 39.37 inches L x 12.60 inches W x 15.75 inches H
- Large surface for a wall-mounted desk
- Sturdy design
- High load capacity
- Easy to assemble and install
- Extra storage compartments
- Consumers report that edges don’t line up perfectly after assembly.
- Instead of plastic screw covers, the manufacturer delivers cheap-looking stickers.
If you are looking for a versatile wall-mounted desk, the one by HOMCOM is a perfect solution. It comes in an espresso brown color, which makes it easy to incorporate in your home, especially if your other furniture is in the same tone. The modern design and clean lines make it a perfect desk.
We say versatile because it is a compact fold-out floating desk. When folded in, the desk looks like an ordinary cabinet. But when you unfold it, you get the desk and a storage unit on top. The storage is not huge, but it’s more than enough to keep your everyday office accessories.
The shelves are adjustable so that you can customize the storage however you want and adapt it for your personal needs.
Read more: Our top picks for high back desk chairs
- The fold-out convertible desk is the space saver
- Easy access to storage compartments
- Two adjustable shelves allow storage unit customization
- Clean and modern look
- Easily mounts on any wall
- Easily folds and unfolds
- Color: Espresso Brown
- Material: Birch Veneer, MDF Wood
- Weight: 40lbs
- Weight Capacity: 45lbs
- Dimensions: 37 inches L x 23.5 inches W x 58 inches H
- Table Surface Dimensions: 32.25 inches L x 27 inches W x 28 inches H
- Folded dimensions: 23.5 inches L x 6.5 inches D x 32.25 inches H
- Stylish and modern look
- Easy to mount on the wall
- Extra adjustable storage to keep things tidy
- Customers report product missing assembly pieces on arrival
- The material is not of the highest quality
Need delivers a space-saving solution for your home or office. The table comes with a mechanism that allows folding up and down — a great solution for confined spaces. When you need it, fold it up, and once you are done, fold it down.
The table surface and folding brackets are made of sturdy materials to ensure a long lifespan of this table. The table surface is built to resist scratches and friction. You can safely put your laptop on this table and get the job done.
- Wall-mounted table (can be mounted on any wall)
- Folding brackets built with cold-rolled steel
- The 1-inch thick top surface
- High scratch resistance
- Fingertip release mechanism
- Color: Teak color
- Material: Veneer particle board
- Weight: 26.01lbs
- Weight Capacity: 200lbs
- Dimensions: 35-7/16 inches L x 20 inches W x 7 inches H
- Folded dimensions: 36-7/16 inches L x 20 inches H
- Easy to mount
- Sturdy table
- Extremely high load capacity
- Installing on drywall is challenging due to its heavyweight
- Consumers report easily breaking of screwheads on the screws
When it comes to finding the best floating desk, it doesn’t get any better than it does with these 5. As you can see, every desk on our list comes with unique features in terms of materials, load capacity, and extra storage compartments. Before you decide which one to buy, you should consider your personal needs. Below you can find a shortlist of the things you should take into account when shopping for a floating desk.
Things to Consider When Buying a Floating Desk
Before you order your floating desk, you should consider the following things:
- Your personal needs – your personal needs are the best to start with. After all, you are going to be using the wall-mounted desk. Write down what you need it for and take measurements of the space you are planning to install it.
- Desk size – the size of the work surface is of great importance. If you are going to use it for paperwork or you plan to put your laptop on it, consider the dimensions. Don’t end up with a too-small table.
- Load capacity – some tables can carry less the other will be able to carry more. What kind of work are you planning to do on it? You might need to invest in a table that can carry the workload before breaking.
- Foldability – If you need extra space in your room, you should consider a foldable floating desk.
- Easy to install – If you are not a guru with a drill and screws, you should look for the desks that are easy to assemble and mount on the wall.
- Materials – Finally, the table will be as sturdy as the materials it is made of are. The more you invest, the longer the desk will serve you.