Under-Desk Elliptical Bike
We are supported by our readers. We may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you if you buy through a link on this page. Learn more.
Whether you’re used to working from home or have just switched to this lifestyle, you might notice that sitting all day long in front of your laptop isn’t really good for your body and health. And it can be quite hard to find time to go for a walk or get in a workout. But what if we told you that you could exercise without leaving your workplace?
Under-desk ellipticals were designed to help you maintain your daily workout goals with ease. They allow you to work in front of your screen while reading, watching TV, or chatting with your best friend. These machines might seem tiny, but believe us, they’re powerful enough to help you build strength and lose some weight without leaving your desk.
Here are some of the best under-desk ellipticals on the market. Check them out right now, and choose your favorite one.
The Best Under-Desk Ellipticals
- Cubii JR1 Seated Under-Desk Elliptical Machine
- Stamina InMotion Compact Elliptical
- Sunny Health & Fitness Magnetic Elliptical Machine
- ATIVAFIT Under-Desk Elliptical Bike
- Cubii Pro Seated Under-Desk Elliptical Machine
- Fast88 Electric Under-Desk Elliptical Machine Trainer
- ANCHEER Under-Desk Electric Mini Elliptical Machine
- PEXMOR Mini Pedal Exerciser Cycle Machine
- Exerpeutic 900E EXERWORK UnderDesk Elliptical
If you’re looking for a compact and portable under-desk elliptical machine, the Cubii JR1 sitting elliptical will pleasantly surprise you. This ergonomic mini elliptical will let you workout without leaving your home office desk.
It offers eight resistance levels and helps you build strength and stay fit while doing your work. The digital monitor allows you to keep up with your progress by tracking calories burned, strides pedaled, and distance traveled. Plus, you can move it from one room to another without extra hassle.
The one drawback is that the machine might start making noises with time.
- Built-in LCD display
- 8 resistance levels
- Smooth gliding motion
- Exclusive live workout classes
- The Cubii online community
- Dimensions: 23.15 x 17.54 x 10 inches
- Weight: 27.65 pounds
- Manufacturer: Fitness Cubed Inc
- Easy to move around
- Ergonomic design
- Tracks calories burned, strides pedaled, and distance traveled
- With time, the machine might start making noises while pedaling
Here’s another great sitting elliptical that won’t break your budget and will let you reach your daily exercise goals without the need to go to the gym.
The Stamina InMotion Compact Strider lets you change your workout’s intensity by turning the adjustable dial while you stride. Plus, the display monitor allows you to track your exercise time, calories burned, number of strides per minute, and the total number of strides. And the best thing is that you can use this under-desk elliptical either sitting or standing and in forward or reverse stride motion.
Please note that this elliptical machine might not provide you with enough clearance under a regular desk if you’re taller than 6 feet.
- Adjustable dial
- Display monitor
- Three color choices
- Easy to use and transport
- 250 lbs weight limit
- Dimensions: 24.5 x 17 x 11.4 inches
- Weight: 24 pounds
- Manufacturer: Stamina
- Compact and lightweight
- Promotes leg movement and improved circulation
- Can be used sitting or standing
- May not be the best option if you’re over 6 feet tall
If you’re hunting for an under-desk elliptical that is convenient to move around, the Sunny Health & Fitness sitting elliptical with a handle might become one of your top choices.
Featuring a digital display and eight levels of magnetic resistance, this under-desk elliptical lets you build lower body muscular endurance while working, reading, or simply watching your favorite TV show. The low-impact machine allows you to monitor your speed, time, calories, and distance. It’s also excellent for increasing blood circulation and joint range of motion.
Just like with any workout equipment, you should be extra careful using it if you had knee injuries or problems.
Read More: Best under-desk bikes and cycles
- Smooth and quiet
- Digital monitor
- 8 levels of resistance
- Non-slip foot pedals
- Belt drive mechanism with magnetic resistance
- Weight: 24.2 lbs
- Manufacturer: Sunny Health & Fitness
- Fits under most desks
- Tracks time, speed, calories, and distance
- Easy to transport
- Might be hard to use if you have a knee problem
If you’re looking for exercise equipment that would let you make your workouts varied and convenient, the Ativafit under-desk elliptical will satisfy your needs.
This mini exercise trainer supports a sitting or standing position, forward or reverse motion, and pedaling or running. It offers multiple resistance levels, so you can adjust and control the intensity of your workouts according to your fitness goals. Plus, a built-in LCD monitor lets you see such workout data as time, count, distance, calories, and total count while exercising.
The only complaint about this sitting elliptical is that you might need to turn the dial completely around several times before you start feeling the difference between different resistance levels.
- Supports both sitting or standing position
- Built-in LCD monitor
- 5 functions: time, count, distance, calories, and total count
- Large Anti-slip Pedals
- Quiet use and service
- Dimensions: 22.4 x 19.7 x 51.2 inches
- Manufacturer: ATIVAFIT
- Multi-function monitor
- Compact design and comfortable handle
- Pedals with a massage function
- You might need to turn the dial completely around several times before you start feeling it
If you want to acquire a more sophisticated under-desk elliptical machine that would also sync with your cell phone, Fitbit device, or Apple Health, the Cubii Pro portable elliptical will definitely catch your attention.
The second Cubii product on our list, this mini sitting elliptical helps you move more and burn up to 125 calories per hour while you pedal and sit with a good book, watch your favorite show, or work at your desk. It offers eight resistance levels and lets you set personalized goals and track your progress. And did we mention that it’s one of the best Bluetooth enabled elliptical machines on the market?
However, be aware that the app might not track your progress as accurately as you would want it to.
- The Cubii mobile app
- Tracks distance pedaled and calories burnt
- Ultra-smooth gearing
- Live workout classes
- The Cubii community
- Dimensions: 22.83 x 17.22 x 9.84 inches
- Weight: 32 pounds
- Manufacturer: Fitness Cubed, Inc.
- Can help you burn up to 125 calories per hour
- Compact design
- Syncs with both iPhone and Android cellphones
- The app might not be recording your progress correctly
Do you want to improve your body flexibility and muscle strength without leaving the comfort of your home? The Fast88 under-desk elliptical offers great low-impact exercise for beginners and perfect rehabilitation following a surgery or injury.
This sitting elliptical features three auto and five manual speed levels to accommodate your fitness needs. The Fast88 elliptical lets you pedal both backward and forward to target different muscle groups. You can also plug it in the power outlet to assist your workout or use it directly without power. However, you can only use it while sitting.
The only drawback you might notice is that it can slide around on the floor a little.
- Built-in display monitor
- 3 Auto and 5 manual speed options
- Large anti-slip pedals
- The pedals can work forward or backward
- Counts number of strides, exercise time, and calories burned
- Dimensions: 17.7 x 14.6 x 9.8 inches
- Manufacturer: Fast88
- Space-saving design
- Easily portable
- Available in two colors: grey and black
- It might slide around on the floor
Planning on starting your fitness journey with a low-impact yet effective workout regimen? The ANCHEER sitting elliptical is a great in-home training equipment that gives you multiple choices to exercise while working, reading, or watching TV.
This sitting elliptical machine offers both five manual resistance modes and three-speed auto modes. And the best part is that you can switch the mode or resistance level with remote control. So, no more bending and looking down. Plus, you can use this under-desk portable elliptical for both forward and backward striding.
Just like the previous listing, this elliptical also might slide a little on the floor.
- Advanced LED built-in display monitor
- Comes with a 1-year warranty
- Includes a remote control
- Has 3 auto and 5 manual modes
- Enlarged non-slip pedals
- Dimensions: 18 ×14 ×10 inches
- Weight: 14 pounds
- Manufacturer: ANCHEER
- Front wheel and stable frame
- Back and forward pedals
- Portable design
- Might slide a little on the floor
If you’re searching for a powerful yet affordable under-desk elliptical, the PEXMOR sitting mini elliptical easily fits this requirement.
This portable and modern elliptical machine will help you promote leg movement and improve circulation in a non-distracting way. The advanced LED built-in display monitor lets you keep track of time, distance, scan, speed, and calories burned. It’s excellent for daily exercise, burning calories, increasing your energy levels, and boosting productivity while reducing stress during work.
Please, note that if you use it often, this elliptical might become a bit noisy.
- Rehabilitation and massage effect
- Built-in display monitor
- Compact size and lightweight, portable design
- Can display time, distance, speed, count steps, and calories
- 3 auto and 5 manual modes
- Dimensions: 24.02 x 16.93 x 11.42 inches
- Weight: 26.46 lbs
- Manufacturer: PEXMOR
- Available in two colors: red and black
- Multi-functional use
- Only requires simple assembly
- Might be a bit noisy
Welcome another mini elliptical machine to our list which features Bluetooth Smart Cloud Fitness with the free My Cloud Fitness app to track your daily low-impact workouts.
The Exerpeutic under-desk elliptical lets you monitor your time, distance, speed, calories burned, RPM and also offers three workout goal settings of time, distance, and calories. It features 14 levels of magnetic tension resistance, which is 6 more tension levels than most under-desk ellipticals have. Moreover, it’s the only under-desk elliptical with an extendable wheel holder on the market.
Although this sitting elliptical is portable, it might be a bit heavier than you’d expect it to be.
- 14 levels of magnetic tension
- Bluetooth Smart Cloud Fitness
- Extendable chair hook
- 10.5” max pedal height
- Free MyCloud Fitness app
- Dimensions: 31 x 18.5 x 14 inches
- Weight: 32.36 pounds
- Manufacturer: Paradigm Health & Wellness
- Convenient handle
- Roll-on and lock design
- Ultra-quiet operation
- It might be heavier than expected
Things to Consider Before Buying an Under-Desk Elliptical
With the number of models and brands out there, it might be quite hard to find a sitting mini elliptical that would suit your requirements the most. So, here are a few essential things you should pay attention to when buying your first under-desk elliptical.
How many resistance levels does it have?
If you plan to improve your endurance and build some lower-body muscles, go for an under-desk elliptical that offers multiple levels of resistance to enhance your training every day.
Does the elliptical allow for both forward and backward striding?
Again, if you want to work on different muscle groups, check whether your preferred model will let you use it in both directions.
Can it be used when standing?
Not all under-desk ellipticals are designed for use when standing. So, if you want to take advantage of it when both sitting and standing, make sure to check this specification before you buy one.
Does it have an auto mode?
If you don’t want to spend any time adjusting the resistance and speed levels, you should go for a sitting elliptical that has both auto and manual modes to make your life easier.
Is it Bluetooth-enabled?
If you want to track your progress and be able to connect your under-desk elliptical to your cell phone, consider a model that features Bluetooth. It might let you sync your machine with Apple Health, Fitbit, or a special app.
Does it have a display monitor?
If you want to see your speed, number of strides, and calories burned, you should choose an under-desk elliptical with a display monitor. It can help you track your workouts much more efficiently.
Does it feature non-slip pedals?
If you don’t want your feet to slip off the pedals every time you’re using your new mini elliptical machine, make sure you choose one with non-slip pedals for ultimate comfort during your exercise.
Does it have a warranty?
When it comes to workout equipment, things can break or don’t satisfy your expectations. Buying an under-desk elliptical with a manufacturer warranty will protect you from these unfortunate situations.
Benefits of a Sitting Elliptical
Still not convinced? Here are a few major benefits of owning an under-desk elliptical machine you might want to learn about:
- It helps increase your activity level
- It offers low-impact workouts
- It’s easy on your joints
- It can be used wherever and whenever you want
- It’s relatively lightweight and easy to transport
- It’s easy to assemble
- It helps you build lower-body strength and endurance
- It helps you burn calories and lose weight
- It helps increase blood circulation
- It helps you stay fit without leaving the comfort of your home
- It can help rehabilitate after a surgery
With a durable under-desk elliptical, you don’t have to go to the gym every day or worry about a sedentary lifestyle. This type of exercise equipment will help you stay fit even when spending long hours in front of your screen. Whether you need to rehabilitate after or surgery or want to boost your endurance, an under-desk elliptical will let you do both.
It’s an affordable workout machine that can help you reach your fitness goals while working, reading, or watching TV shows. Plus, an under-desk elliptical is a great way to stay fit without spending too much money, time, and effort.
We hope you managed to find what you were looking for. And if you have any questions or have an idea what we should review next, please let us know!