If you’re looking for the best of the best under-desk cycles on the market, you can’t miss the DeskCycle 2 model.
This under-desk bike pedal exerciser will prove that multitasking is possible, especially when it comes to working and exercising. You’ll be able to stay active even while sitting at your office desk for hours.
This compact under-desk cycle offers eight calibrated resistance settings, letting you choose a pace and level that suits your need and physical ability. So whether you prefer to pedal forward or backward, you can always keep track of your speed, time lapsed, distance traveled, and calories burned.
While this under-desk bike is an excellent find, beware that the metal crank arms and the plastic on top might get a bit hot.
- 6 function removable LCD display
- 8 magnetic resistance levels
- Adjustable pedal height
- Fitbit compatible
- Whisper quiet
- Dimensions: 24 x 20 x 10 inches
- Weight: 23 pounds
- Manufacturer: DeskCycle
- Min. desk height: 27 inches
- Quick and easy setup
- Tracks 16 hours of activity
- Tracks calories burned, strides pedaled, distance traveled, and time elapsed
- Since the machine operates on magnetic resistance, the metal crank arms and the plastic on top might get quite hot
If you’re searching for a stylish yet still affordable under-desk cycle, the YOSUDA pedal exerciser should meet all your expectations.
This under-desk bike comes with eight adjustable levels of magnetic tension and four anti-slip rubber pads, providing you with everything you need for a low-impact daily exercise session. So whether you’re a remote worker or simply don’t have enough time to go to the gym, the YOSUDA under-desk cycle lets you do arm and leg exercises, improve blood circulation, and activate muscles without leaving your comfort zone.
Silent and space-saving, this under-desk bike is a great fit for busy office workers or people with limited mobility.
Just keep in mind that pedals can be a bit of a challenge to get on. You might need to tighten the end nut while simultaneously holding the pedal still.
- 8 adjustable resistance levels
- Easy-to-read display
- 4 anti-slip rubber pads
- Quiet and smooth
- Forward and reverse training
- Dimensions: 22.5 x 17.2 x 10 inches
- Weight: 22 pounds
- Manufacturer: YOSUDA
- Min desk height: 21.7 inches
- Compact and lightweight
- Tracks time, distance, speed, calories
- 1-year free parts replacement
- The pedals can be a bit of a challenge to get on
Looking for a top-quality under-desk bike to help you flex your body and mental health? The FlexCycle pedal exerciser is excellent for both building lean muscle and clearing up your mind.
Featuring eight adjustable tension levels and resistance bands, this under-desk cycle lets you perform vigorous aerobic exercises as well as moderate muscle recovery movements. Also, the FlexCycle exercise machine comes with a free app to help you track workout progress and view relevant stats.
So whether you’re attending your weekly Zoom meeting or watching your favorite show, this under-desk bike lets you train your arms and legs without making any loud noises. And did we mention that it also offers a lifetime warranty? Because what else could you dream of.
While this under-desk pedal exerciser is close to being perfect, keep in mind that the strap that lets you attach your chair to the machine to keep it from rolling back might be a bit difficult to set up.
- Soundless motor
- Customizable stat display
- 8 adjustable tension settings
- Resistance bands for arm & leg recovery
- Free progress tracking app
- Dimensions: 20.9” x 17.5” x 13.2”
- Weight: N/A
- Manufacturer: Lifepro
- Non-slip grips
- Tracks time, speed, calories, distance, and more
- Lifetime guarantee
- The strap to attach your chair to the machine to keep from rolling back might be difficult to set up
If you aren’t ready yet to spend a few hundred dollars on an under-desk cycle and want to start small, the GOREDI under-desk mini exercise bike might be one of the best options out there.
Although this fitness cycle is very compact, it can easily bear more than 400 pounds. Its simple yet multifunctional LCD display lets you track time, distance, count, total counts, and calories burned. In addition, you can easily adjust the tension knob and customize the GOREDI pedal exerciser to meet your rehabilitation needs.
As a result, this under-desk cycle can help you perform physical therapy, relieve pain, restore and maintain sports function. Plus, this model comes with a non-slip rubber pad to maintain stability and avoid floor scratching.
While this affordable under-desk cycle is an excellent value for money, beware that it might be challenging to find the right chair while using it at a table or desk.
- Supports up to 400 pounds
- Multifunctional LCD display
- Suits for training arms and legs
- Adjustable resistance
- Adjustable four-hole foot strap
- Dimensions: 113.7″ x 15.7″ x 11.6″
- Manufacturer: GOREDI
- Weight: 12.3 pounds
- Min desk height: 47″
- Heavy-metal flywheel
- Compact and portable design
- Tracks time, distance, count, total counts, and calories burned
- Might be hard to find a perfect height chair for it
Apart from high-quality under-desk ellipticals, Sunny Health & Fitness also is a proud manufacturer of under-desk bikes.
This under-desk bike pedal exerciser features a belt-drive mechanism, providing you with an easy striding experience. Plus, you can also boost the exercise intensity in a matter of seconds as you cycle through 8 levels of magnetic tension.
It’s especially beneficial if you want to avoid high-impact exercises and protect your joints. This under-desk cycle also lets you engage both your upper and lower body. So feel free to use it in both modes to reach your fitness goals faster.
While this under-desk bike offers eight resistance levels, you might find them a bit weak. So, this model is more suitable for those who’re looking for low-impact exercises and physiotherapy.
- 8 magnetic tension levels
- Perfect for training upper and lower body
- 7-inch stride
- Digital monitor
- Adjustable straps
- Dimensions: 20.5 x 16 x 10.5 inches
- Weight: 19.1 pounds
- Manufacturer: Sunny Health & Fitness
- Smooth belt-drive mechanism
- Compact design and carry handle
- Tracks speed, time, distance, and calories burned
- The resistance might feel weak at times
If you’re going through physiotherapy and looking for an exercise machine that would let you do low-impact exercises, the Vaunn folding under-desk bike will do the job.
This compact and lightweight under-desk cycle folds instantly and is easy to store or bring on the go. It’s also effective for arm and leg exercises to help improve blood circulation and muscle toning. So now, whether you’re sitting at the office desk or on the couch, you’ll always be able to keep track of your exercise time, revolution count, revolutions per minute, and calories burned.
It also has an adjustable tension knob to control the level of resistance and workout intensity.
Just remember that this under-desk bike isn’t meant for intense workouts. So if you’re looking for something more powerful than just light physiotherapy exercises, check other options on this list.
- Multi-functional digital LCD monitor
- 2-in-1: arm and leg exerciser
- Non-skid ribbed rubber feet
- Adjustable tension knob
- Dimensions: 4.96 x 11.81 x 6.69 inches
- Weight: 5.95 pounds
- Manufacturer: Vaunn
- Desk height: at least 13” clearance from the knee
- Quick-release folding mechanism
- Easily portable
- Counts exercise time, revolution count, revolution per minute, and calories burned
- Not for strenuous exercise or workout
With a similar design as the previous exercise machine, the TABEKE under-desk bike is easy to fold and carry around the house or to the office and back.
This mini pedal exerciser is perfect for low-impact workouts for rehabilitative purposes as well as for strength training and toning leg and arm muscles. Its smooth movements might even make you forget that you’re exercising while working or watching TV.
Plus, four non-slip rubber pads and a rubber mat prevent the machine from sliding during exercise and protect the floor from wear.
However, while a free floor mat is a great addition to your purchase and very useful, it might have a very strong rubber smell at the beginning.
- 5-functional monitor
- Easy-to-adjust tension knob
- Ergonomic non-slip pedals
- Triangle non-slip foot pad
- Helps strengthen arm and leg muscles
- Dimensions: 15.3 x 13.8 x 6.7 inches
- Weight: 7.32 pounds
- Manufacturer: TABEKE
- Compact and easy to store
- Very lightweight and folding design
- Tracks time, count, RPM, and calories burned
- The mat might have a very strong rubber smell at the beginning
Things to Consider Before Buying an Under-Desk Cycle
With the number of models and brands out there, it might be quite challenging to pick an under-desk bike that would suit your fitness requirements the most. So, here are a few crucial questions you should ask when buying your first under-desk cycle.
How powerful is this under-desk bike?
Please mind that most under-desk cycles are meant for low-impact exercises, usually for physiotherapy purposes. However, some models also offer a few harder resistance levels and let you get some proper lower and upper body training.
Is this under-desk bike going to fit under my desk?
As the name suggests, you should be able to use your under-desk bike under your desk. But in reality, some of them require a certain minimum desk height to let you stride with ease. So make sure to check the product specifications and measure your desk height before making a purchase.
Does this under-desk pedal exerciser allow for both forward and backward striding?
This might not be the most important function, but it’s handy if you like to change movements. Most under-desk bikes let you stride forward and backward.
Can I use this under-desk cycle to train both legs and arms?
Again, most of the under-desk cycles will let you easily use them on the floor or a table and train your arms and legs. But if that’s a deal-breaker for you, make sure to check the product description well before you decide to buy it.
Does this under-desk bike come with an app?
If you want to track your progress and be able to connect your under-desk cycle to your cell phone, consider a model that features an app, preferably a free one. It might be a bit harder to find this model, but there’s definitely one on our list.
Does this under-desk exercise bike have a display monitor?
If you want to see your speed, the number of strides and calories burned, you should choose an under-desk elliptical with a display monitor. It can help you track your progress much more efficiently.
Does this under-desk cycle feature non-slip pedals and pads?
If you don’t want your feet to slip off the pedals every time you’re using your new under-desk exercise machine, make sure you choose one with non-slip pedals and a base for ultimate comfort during your exercise.
Does it come with a non-slip floor mat?
To ensure that you can use your under-desk bike on different floor types, you can choose a model that comes with a free non-slip rubber mat or purchase one separately. Plus, it can help you protect your floor from wear and scratches.
Does it have a warranty?
When it comes to workout equipment, things can break accidentally or simply not meet your expectations. Buying an under-desk cycle with a manufacturer warranty will protect you from these unfortunate situations and save you money.
Does this pedal exerciser have a handle?
If you plan on carrying your under-desk cycle around the house or office, go for one that features a comfortable handle and is more or less lightweight.
Is it foldable?
If you need to transport your under-desk cycle, there are quite a few models that fold easily and weigh almost nothing. Plus, they’re also cheaper than stationary under-desk bikes.
How compact is it?
While under-desk cycles usually have a similar build, some might be bigger than the others and thus take too much space or be harder to store. If that’s your concern, then choose one that’s smaller and easier to put away.
Benefits of an Under-Desk Bike
Still not convinced? Here are a few major benefits of owning an under-desk pedal exerciser you might want to know:
- It helps boost your activity level
- It offers low-impact workouts
- It’s easy on your joints
- It can be used while working at the desk or relaxing
- It’s lightweight and easy to move around
- It doesn’t require a complicated assembly process
- It helps you improve your endurance
- It helps you build lower-body and upper-body strength
- It helps you burn calories and lose weight
- It helps increase blood circulation
- It helps you stay fit without leaving the comfort of your home
- It can help rehabilitate after a surgery
- It can contribute to your physiotherapy
- It’s affordable
Using an under-desk bike can benefit people who need to protect their joints and remote or office workers who want to feel active and exercise while sitting at the desk. In addition, under-desk cycles are affordable and don’t require too much space, making them an excellent value for money.
So, if you feel like you don’t move enough during the day or can’t do high-intensity workouts, it’s an excellent way to clock in more strides and tone your upper and lower body.
We hope you managed to find what you were looking for. And if you have any questions or have an idea of what we should review next, please let us know in the comments below.