Finding a high-quality ergonomic office chair under $300 might be a real challenge, especially considering all the models that are on the market right now. It’s a lot to go through if you want to find the best. Well, I did it and let me tell you, it was a lot of work. But, I was happy to do it so I could help you find the perfect office chair.
If you’re reading this, you probably want to know whether you can feel comfortable working long hours sitting in a chair that costs less than $300. Yes, you can if you know what chair to purchase. We reviewed dozens of chairs of all types and styles, looking at key features such as comfort, material, durability, stability, ergonomic features, and, of course, price.
Here are our nine best office chairs under $300 you might want to consider if you strive to feel great after a long workday in your desk chair and avoid paying a fortune for it.
The Best Office Chairs Under $300
- Ticova Ergonomic Office Chair – Top Pick
- Zeanus Gaming Chair with Footrest – Best Gaming Chair
- Hbada Ergonomic Desk Chair – Best Mid-Back Office Chair
- FDW High-Back Adjustable Ergonomic Desk Chair – Best Executive Office Chair
- Gabrylly Ergonomic Mesh Office Chair – Best Chair With Flip-up Arms & Headrest
- KBEST High-Back 400lb Computer Chair – Best Big & Tall Office Chair Under $300
- SAMOFU Ergonomic High Back Desk Chair – Best for Comfort
- Amazon Basics Executive Office Desk Chair – Best Budget Option
- NEO Chair Computer Gaming Chair – Best Sitting Experience
Here is a great office chair you can get while still fitting your $300 budget. The Ticova ergonomic desk chair is a fully-adjustable office chair you don’t want to pass by.
And when I say it has incredible adjustable features, I’m not exaggerating. This humble-looking office chair lets you adjust lumbar support height and depth, headrest height and angle, armrest height, seat cushion height, and as a cherry on top, tilt it up to 140° and control rocking resilience.
Plus, unlike some other chairs with a small headrest, Ticova office chair has a big curved foam headrest for a more comfortable neck and head support.
However, since the chair’s seat is made of 3-inch high-density foam, you might find it a bit hard at the beginning.
- Supports up to 280 pounds
- Adjustable headrest and armrests
- Adjustable lumbar support, height, and depth
- Tilting and rocking features
- 3 inches high-density foam seat
- Dimensions: 20.5 x 20.5 x 41.7 inches
- Weight: 40 pounds
- Manufacturer: Ticova
- 30 days money-back guarantee & 1-year warranty
- Ergonomic elastic backrest
- Durable metal-core armrest
- Big curved foam headrest
- The seat cushion might feel a little too hard at the beginning
If you’ve been dreaming of a gaming chair under $300 that would have every feature you can possibly imagine, the Zeanus computer gaming chair is the one. It can’t serve you drinks (although it’d be awesome), but it can certainly boost your video gaming experience.
From adjustable headrest, retractable footrest, and massage lumbar cushion to ergonomic armrests, this gaming chair is a real find. You can use it for working, gaming, relaxing, and even sleeping. Zeanus gaming chair is also sturdy enough to accommodate adult gamers with different body compositions.
Plus, this computer gaming chair has a pretty cool design that would fit almost any interior design.
The only complaint you might have is that the armrests start wobbling from side to side with time.
- Removable headrest and lumbar cushion
- Lock tilt function between 90° and 155°
- Retractable footrest
- Massage lumbar cushion
- Dimensions: 20.6 x 20.4 x 51.3 inches
- Weight: 48.8 pounds
- Manufacturer: Zeanus
- 12 months warranty on parts
- High-quality faux leather
- Easy-to-follow instructions
- With time, the armrests might start wobbling from side to side
If you check out some of our other product review articles, you’ll see quite a few Hbada office chairs there. This brand is renowned for its quality office furniture, and luckily for you, they also have a nice office chair under $300 you’d want to take a look at.
This mid-back ergonomic office chair has a sleek design and very straightforward adjustments. Its most noticeable feature is 90-degree flip-up armrests that can help you spare some space if needed.
You can also adjust the chair’s height and tilt angle to fit your unique body composition. Hbada’s elegant office chair has a high-quality mesh upholstery and offers three different colors to suit your preferences.
Just keep in mind if you flip up the armrests very often; eventually, the nut holding them might get loose.
- Holds up to 250 pounds
- Space-saving flip-up arms
- Adjustable height
- Tilting and rocking features
- CGS certified level 3 cylinder
- Dimensions: 25.4 x 24.3 x 13.1 inches
- Weight: 29.7 pounds
- Manufacturer: Hbada
- Mute nylon wheels
- Strong solid base
- Sleek and unique design
- Smooth and silenced rolling casters
- The nut holding the armrest in place can get loose if you move it up and down often
This ergonomic office chair offers a soft high back and high-density sponge seat design, providing maximum lumbar support for comfort and convenience. Also, its thick-padded headrest protects your neck and spine. FDW executive chair is upholstered in carefully-selected PU material that is waterproof and stain-resistant. Thus, this chair can add that upscale look you want for your office.
Yet, while PU leather is very durable, it is very breathable. So, if you don’t have an AC in your office, you might feel a bit sweaty after sitting in this chair the whole day.
- Supports up to 250 pounds
- BIMFA certified gas lift
- Soft and comfortable lumbar support
- Adjustable height
- Rocking mode
- Dimensions: 29.5 x 26.4 x 48 inches
- Weight: 36 pounds
- Manufacturer: FDW
- Modern and elegant design
- 10-20 min assembly process
- Thick-padded armrests
- Wider and thicker seat
- The upholstery material isn’t very breathable
If you’re searching for a modern mesh office chair under $300 with a headrest and flip-up arms, Gabrylly ergonomic computer chair is a real find.
This ergonomic office desk chair provides four supporting points, taking care of your head, back, hips, and hands. The Gabylly office chair has a larger seat than other mesh chairs to accommodate different body types. This chair has a cool design that can take your office’s interior to the next level. Plus, it’s relatively easy to assemble it.
Although there is an included cushion for extra support, the chair doesn’t feature lumbar adjustment.
- Suitable for people of about 5’5″ to 6’3″
- Holds up to 280 pounds
- Adjustable flip-up armrests
- Breathable mesh backrest and headrest
- Tension control adjustment
- Dimensions: 25.6 x 22 x 45.3 inches
- Weight: 41 pounds
- Manufacturer: Gabrylly
- 1-year warranty
- Sturdy five-pointed base
- High-quality gas lift
- 90~120° tilt function
- No lumbar adjustment
It’s not easy to find a high-quality big and tall office chair that would cost less than $300. But luckily for you, we managed to find this one, and you definitely need to check it out.
The KBEST executive desk chair can hold up to 400 pounds and is significantly taller and wider than other office chairs out in the market. With this office chair, you can lean back surely. Its advanced mechanism lets you control the resistance you feel when pushing the chair’s back and increase or decrease the tilt tension depending on your preference.
Plus, this ergonomic computer chair is upholstered in breathable and soft bonded leather to provide you with the most comfortable sitting experience during your workdays.
Just be aware that this chair isn’t as light as a feather, so if you have back problems, roll it instead of lifting.
Read more: Best big and tall office chairs
- Supports up to 400 pounds
- Adjustable lumbar support with a controlled lumbar knob
- Adjustable seating height
- Double-padded seat cushion
- Thick-padded headrest
- Dimensions: 32.28 x 27.56 x 46.46 inches
- Weight: 57.5 pounds
- Manufacturer: KBEST
- 1-year warranty
- Bonded, soft to the touch leather upholstery
- Extra-strong metal base
- Rocking back and forth between 90-110 degree
- Since it’s a heavy-duty chair, it’s pretty heavy to move around
If you’re ready for a unique and ultra-comfortable sitting experience, but for no more than $300, the SAMOFU ergonomic office chair is made for you.
This computer chair features a 2.4-inch height-adjustable backrest and a multi-dimensional free rotating headrest. Also, its lower back support will help your body relax, ease any back pain, and enhance the natural curve of the spine.
Front and back adjustable functional lumbar support will hug your lower back during all the time you spend in front of a computer. And did I mention that you can adjust the height of the armrests too?
But since this sophisticated ergonomic office chair has quite a few specific features and unusual design, be ready to spend some time assembling it properly.
- Adjustable backrest and lumbar support
- 90°-135° lockable recline function
- Weight capacity of 350 pounds
- Adjustable headrest and armrests
- Backrest lift
- Dimensions: 29 x 22.5 x 12.5 inches
- Weight: 46.2 pounds
- Manufacturer: SAMOFU
- Waterfall-edged seat pans
- BIFMA and SGS certified
- 5-year warranty
- Made of high-density breathable mesh material
- Assembly can take some time
If you’re looking for a simple yet elegant office chair with a reasonable cost under $300, Amazon Basics has a model you’d want to take a look at.
This comfortable executive chair has a polyurethane bonded leather upholstery and a pewter finish that would add presentability to your workstation. Its padded seat and back will provide you with all-day comfort and support.
Also, the Amazon Basics high-back office chair features padded armrests and adjustable height to meet your sitting preferences.
But since this chair is on a more affordable side, don’t be surprised if the upholstery material wears out with frequent use.
- Supports up to 275 pounds
- Polyurethane bonded leather upholstery and a pewter finish
- Pneumatic seat height adjustment
- BIFMA certified
- Padded seat and back
- Dimensions: 25.8 x 27.9 x 44.7 inches
- Weight: 32.8 pounds
- Manufacturer: Amazon Basics
- Comes in 3 colors
- Classic and universal design
- 5-point base with rolling caster wheels
- Easy assembly process
- The upholstery material might wear out quickly if you use the chair regularly
If you spend many hours working or gaming at your desk and want to find an office chair that would provide you with ultimate comfort throughout the day, the NEO Chair computer office chair can easily do that and, more importantly, cost you less than $300.
This ergonomic office chair features double-layered cushions and a high-elasticity pocket spring seat. In fact, its seat cushion is 30~50% thicker than the regular chair seat.
Apart from its fine leather upholstery and sophisticated design elements, the NEO Chair racing chair offers soft-padded armrests and can support up to 300 pounds. Unlike some heavy-duty chairs, this one is pretty light and easy to move around.
While this chair is an awesome pick, beware that you’d need to assemble it fully. So, if you’re not a fan of DIY assembling, make sure to invite a friend over to help you out.
- Supports up to 300 pounds
- Pocket spring cushion
- Soft breathable PU leather
- Tilt tension and height adjustment
- Fits people up to 6.5 ft.
- Dimensions: 28.15 x 20.67 x 44 inches
- Weight: 33.5 pounds
- Manufacturer: NEO Chair
- Class-A nylon wheels
- Sophisticated design
- Perfect for gaming and working
- BIFMA & SGS certified gas lift
- Everything has to be assembled from the legs to the chair itself; it’s not complicated but be aware that full assembly is required.
Things to Consider When Buying an Office Chair Under $300
When you start your hunt for an ergonomic office chair in the $300 price range, there are a few things you need to consider first.
What’s its weight capacity?
If you want to ensure your chair won’t break easily, choose a chair that supports at least 250 pounds. Even if you don’t really need it to support much weight, at least you can be safe whenever you or your kids accidentally jump into it.
What is the chair’s upholstery material?
While it might be a bit challenging to find a genuine leather office chair under $300, it’s very possible to get a high-quality mesh desk chair. But if you still want that upscale leather look, you can go for faux leather. Just keep in mind that mesh is more breathable and durable when PU or bonded leather can wear down much faster.
Is the chair’s height adjustable?
In the $300 price range, this feature is a must. There’s nothing worse than not being able to adjust the chair’s height according to your body build and preferences.
Does the chair have a headrest?
If you prefer office chairs with headrests, there are plenty of models under $300 that will suit your requirements. Some of them we reviewed in this article. However, we’d still recommend checking whether the headrest is adjustable.
Are backrest tilt tension and seat depth adjustable?
This might not be the most common feature in office chairs under $300, but there are still a few ergonomic office chairs in this price range that are fully-adjustable.
Does the chair have built-in lumbar support?
If you suffer from back and neck pain after spending the whole day working at the desk, you should ensure you’re buying an office chair with lumbar support. Not all office chairs under $300 have this feature, but some of them definitely do.
Does it feature flip-up armrests?
This feature is only useful if you don’t have too much room and rather slide your chair under the desk to free up your office space. Otherwise, it’s just a matter of your preference.
Are the armrests adjustable?
Again, it’s not the prevalent feature of office chairs in the $300 price range, but there are a few models that offer adjustable armrests to help you find the best ergonomic sitting position.
Benefits of an Office Chair Under $300
While there are tons of office chairs on the market, varying from less than $100 to a few thousand dollars, here are a few advantages of buying an ergonomic office chair under $300:
- You can choose from numerous styles and designs that would look no worse than expensive office chairs
- You can find a fully-adjustable chair to fit your body structure and improve your sitting experience
- You can purchase a heavy-duty big and tall chair in this price range
- You’ll have a choice of mesh or faux leather upholstery material
- You can still find a presentable executive office chair under $300
- You can purchase a chair that would complete your ergonomic workstation setup
- You can protect your back and neck if you buy an office chair under $300 with proper lumbar support
Should I Buy an Office Chair Under $300?
If you make sure to purchase a high-quality ergonomic office chair in the $300 price range, you won’t be disappointed. Of course, these office chairs might not be upholstered in real leather or last you for ten years. But if you treat your office chair under $300 with care, it might as well serve you for many work years to come.
We hope you managed to find what you were looking for. And if you have any questions or have an idea of what we should review next, please let us know.
How We Review: Our Office Chair Ratings Methodology
At Overheard on Conference Calls, we take pride in how we review office chairs. Our team of office chair experts spend hours researching and reviewing dozens of products before they even start writing their review or article. Our goal is to bring you honest and unbiased information to help you make an informed choice that will be the best for you. Our recommendations are not for sale and they are not influenced by any of the manufacturers we review.
When reviewing an office chair, there are numerous factors we analyze to determine our recommendations. Here are our four most important:
- Comfort: Comfort is key to a good office chair. It’s likely you’ll be sitting in it for hours so you’ll want something that won’t cause you aches and pains after hours of use. We gauge comfort by testing for 4+ hours as well as looking at the thickness of the seat cushion and its material.
- Durability: Not all office chairs are built the same. Our durability factor looks at the quality of the materials and how sturdy the chair is after assembly. Because we have a limited tested period, we also conduct customer research of longtime users.
- Lumbar Support: While this is an ergonomic feature, we made this its own separate rating factor because of how important it is to your overall posture, health, and comfort. We analyze each chair for its lumbar support or lack thereof.
- Ergonomic Features: In addition to lumbar support, we also look at other ergonomic features such as the armrests, height adjustment, reclining, seat ergonomics, and more. The better it is for your ergonomics and the more features/adjustability, the better.
Why isn’t price included on that list? Fair question! We do consider price in the order of our recommendations but because everyone has their own budget in mind, we won’t rule a chair in or out just because it has premium or budget price.
Our team has researched and reviewed hundreds of chairs and we’re confident in our recommendations. We strive to only recommend the best products and we periodically refresh our reviews and rankings.