We are supported by our readers. We may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you if you buy through a link on this page. Learn more.
Are you struggling to position your screen at the perfect height to maintain an ergonomic workstation setup? A sturdy monitor arm might help you solve this issue.
Whether you prefer working at a standing or regular office desk, adding a monitor stand can be an excellent upgrade for your all-day-long comfort. Most monitor arms allow for 360-degree landscape-to-portrait rotation to ensure the angle suits your preferences. Plus, thanks to integrated cable management systems, monitor arms can help you keep your desk clean and free of wires.
We have already covered the ten best dual monitor stands. But for those of you who are perfectly fine with just one work screen or only one additional screen, we have handpicked the nine best single monitor arms. Scroll down to discover which one might suit your needs the most.
The Best Single Monitor Arms
- VIVO Single Monitor Desk Mount With 39-Inch Stand-Up Pole
- WALI Fully Adjustable Single LCD Monitor Arm
- NB North Bayou Monitor Desk Mount Stand
- MOUNTUP Single Monitor Desk Mount
- EVEO Single Monitor Arm Desk Mount
- Amazon Basics Premium Single Monitor Stand
- ErGear 17”-34” Single Monitor Desk Mount Stand
- EleTab Single Monitor Arm Desk Mount
- MOUNT PRO Single Monitor Arm
If you’re looking for something that would help you make your workspace more productive, VIVO has designed a fully adjustable 39-inch long single monitor arm to help you address this issue.
This single monitor stand can hold up to 22 pounds, which means that you can mount your 27” monitor without any worries. And thanks to the integrated cable management system, your new office setup will be neat and organized.
The arm that goes from the pole to the monitor mounting plate has a limited bend. This means if you want to put the monitor back close to the pole, you can only get so close with the pole centered on the monitor. If you want to go further back, the pole has to be offset to one side.
Read more: Best monitor arms for standing desks
- +80° to -90° adjustable arm tilt
- C-clamp and grommet Installation
- Tension adjustment
- Holds up to 22 lbs
- Supports monitors from 13″ to 27″
- Pole height: 39″
- Weight: 9.79 pounds
- Dimensions: 18.5 x 18.5 x 48.5 inches
- The monitor can be placed in portrait or landscape shapes
- Integrated cable management
- Simple installation process
- 3-year manufacturer warranty
- The arm that goes from the pole to the monitor mounting plate has a limited bend
The WALI single monitor stand is an affordable and high-quality office product that can help you enhance your productivity while working at the regular or standing office desk.
You can rotate this WALI single monitor arm any way you want to set up the most comfortable work environment for yourself. It can also help you reduce neck and eye strain. Plus, thanks to a two-stage locking system, you can be sure your monitor is always stable.
While the pole that clamps to your desk is a little short, it’s still very sturdy. So unless you need your monitor to be very high above the desk, you’ll be happy with your purchase.
- +/-90° tilt and swivel
- +/-0.8 inch monitor height adjustable
- C-Clamp and 4” diameter Grommet-Base
- Holds up to 22 lbs
- Supports monitors from 13″ to 27″
- Pole Height: 16″
- Weight: 7.2 lbs
- Dimensions: 17.5 x 3.8 x 5.9 inches
- 360° rotation from landscape to portrait mode
- Cable management system
- Demountable VESA plates
- 10-year protection
- The pole that clamps to your desk might be a little short
If you’re searching for a futuristic-looking single monitor arm, you’re on the right path. The NB North Bayou full motion swivel monitor arm will create the most comfortable viewing angle for your work or gaming session.
Thanks to the durable gas spring system, you’ll be able to position your monitor in the desired position and improve the ergonomics of your home office setup. This single monitor arm also offers a great forward capacity, allowing you to use your desk space more efficiently. Plus, you can adjust the arm extension near or far, depending on your requirements
The only drawback of this monitor stand is that it cannot be raised as high as some other models do. But if you don’t require it to be very high, then you won’t regret your choice.
- -30° to +85° tilt and ±90° swivel
- 360° landscape rotation
- Two-stage locking system
- Holds up to 19.8 lbs
- Supports monitors from 17″ to 30″
- Height: up to 10.2”
- Weight: 4.63 lbs
- Dimensions: 15.16 x 11.22 x 3.74 inches
- Durable gas spring system
- Support C-clamp or Grommet installation
- Heavy-duty construction
- Modern design and neat cable management
- Cannot be raised as high as most monitor arms do
If you’re hunting for a durable monitor stand that has both a c-clamp and a grommet base, then you should check out MOUNTUP brand. This single monitor arm can hold most 13” to 27” flat or curved computer monitors, weighing up to 17.7 pounds.
Whether you require a landscape or a portrait monitor orientation, this single monitor stand allows for a 360-degree rotation to help you find the most optimal ergonomic position. Plus, the MOUNTUP single monitor arm comes with a 3-year warranty.
Although the mounting arm is well-articulated, it doesn’t provide a great range of motion, especially if you’re using a heavier monitor. Otherwise, it’s a high-quality product that should serve you for quite some time.
- +/-180° swivel and 360° rotation
- +90° to -90° tilt
- Fully adjustable and independent arms
- Holds up to 17.6 lbs
- Supports monitors from 13” to 27″
- Pole height: 16 inches
- Weight: 6.25 pounds
- Dimensions: 16.85 x 9.49 x 5.2 inches
- Tool holder for wrench storage.
- Cable clips
- Leading 3-year support
- Interchangeable C-clamp or a grommet base
- The vertical tilt might loosen its grip with the slightest movement of the monitor
If you’re struggling with arranging your monitor ergonomically and conveniently, the EVEO single monitor stand will make your workstation so much better for your posture.
This single monitor arm can fit computer screens up to 27” and 15.4 lbs each. As with some of the previous models on this list, you can set up EVEO single monitor mount easily and attach it to your screen in two different ways, either by desk clamp or by a grommet. It also comes with a removable arm and spring system, allowing you to position your screen perfectly.
One of the main drawbacks is that this monitor arm has a limited range of motion. So, if you like to reposition your monitor frequently, it might not be that easy.
- Tilt range of 70° back and 5° forward; +90° ~ -90° swivel; 360° rotation
- Built-in spring gauge and a removable arm
- Holds up to 15.4 lbs
- Supports monitors up to 27”
- Height adjustment: up to 16.4 inches
- Weight: 7.58 pounds
- Dimensions: 17.1 x 9.74 x 4.72 inches
- Quick-release VESA plate
- Ergonomic design
- Grommet or clamp mounting
- 5-minute installation
- The range of motion isn’t too big
If you don’t mind spending a little over a hundred dollars on a high-quality monitor stand that would securely hold your 32” or smaller LCD monitor, the Amazon Basics single monitor arm will definitely help you create a productive workspace.
This single monitor stand offers an exceptional range of motion and can fit a monitor up to 25 inches wide. Plus, you can rotate the screen to a landscape or portrait mode to have a full-page viewing without the need to scroll.
And again, just like many monitor stands, this one doesn’t come with elaborate instructions. So, you might need to ask Google for help once it’s time to assemble your new purchase.
- Extension/retraction motion; display tilt; landscape-to-portrait mode
- Ergonomic positioning for reduced strain
- Holds up to 25 lbs
- Supports monitors up to 32”
- Height adjustment: up to 17.5 inches
- Weight: 7.8 pounds
- Dimensions: 25.6 x 6 x 16.2 inches
- Smooth, flowing motion
- Increases desktop space
- Limited 1-year warranty
- Up to 10 min setup process
- Comes with minimal instructions
An ErGear monitor stand is an excellent choice if you work with a heavy-duty monitor larger than 27 inches. This single monitor stand loads up to 19.84 pounds and works with both flat and curved screens.
Another cool benefit of the ErGear single monitor arm is that it offers a drill-free installation option if drilling your desk doesn’t sound appealing to you. Also, you’ll be able to enjoy your new “floating” workspace without tangled cables, thanks to cable clips on both the pole and arms.
However, there’s no option to lock your screen position in place, so it might have a slight downward tilt.
Read more: Best dual monitor stand
- Tilts, rotates, and swivels
- Works with both flat and curved screens
- Holds up to 19.84 lbs
- Supports monitors from 17″ to 34″
- Height: up to 24 inches
- Weight: 7.63 pounds
- Dimensions: 15.94 x 13.07 x 4.72 inches
- 360° rotation
- Cable-free tidy desktop
- 10-year money-back guarantee
- Drill-free side clamp installation
- No option to lock the position in place, so it might have a slight downward tilt
Are you searching for a monitor stand with a unique industrial design? EleTab has exactly what you’re looking for. Its single monitor arm offers full articulation, including height adjustment along the center pole.
This single monitor stand can support a monitor up 17.6 pounds. You can easily adjust it according to your preferred working style. This product comes with removable cable clamps to help you maintain a neat tabletop and stylish appearance.
The only disadvantage is that the EleTab dual monitor stand doesn’t have a gas spring. So, if you need to adjust it every day, you’d need to use both hands to do it.
- +35° to -35° tilt, 180° swivel, 360° rotation
- Dual-arm extension up
- Holds up to 17.6 lbs
- Supports monitors up to 32″
- Pole height: 17.3 inches
- Weight: 6.53 pounds
- Dimensions: 15.44 x 9.93 x 4.34 inches
- VESA compatible
- Removable cable clamps
- Dual portrait and landscape setup
- 2 installation methods
- It takes both hands to adjust the monitor
Welcome the king of single monitor stands, the MOUNT PRO model that can hold a monitor up to 27” and 14.3 pounds.
This gas spring single monitor arm can hold your monitor at any height between 6.3” and 16.1” from the table surface. All you need to do is adjust the monitor arm to proper tension. The MOUNT PRO also offers two install options and comes with a neat cable management system.
Although this transformer-like single monitor arm looks very stylish, beware that the wire management channels could be a bit challenging. So, you might want to attach and organize your cables before you actually mount the thing to your desk.
Read more: Best triple monitor stands
- Swivel from -90°to +90°, tilt from -45°to +90°and 360° rotation
- Built-in gas spring
- 2 installation options
- Holds up to 14.3 lbs
- Supports monitors from 13” to 27”
- Height adjustment: up to 16.1 inches
- Weight: 6.18 pounds
- Dimensions: 15.79 x 11.77 x 5.04 inches
- VESA compatible
- Integrated cable management system
- Up to 10 min setup process
- Lifetime technical support
- Wire management channels could be a bit “tricky”
Things to Consider Before Buying a Single Monitor Arm
While most desk mounts look very similar, they offer different features, which might or might not fit your specific requirements. Here are a few things you need to pay attention to when selecting the best monitor arm for your workstation.
How big of a monitor can a monitor arm fit?
Not all monitor stands are meant for holding heavy 34-inch or tiny 13-inch monitors. So, before starting your single monitor arm hunt, make sure to measure your screen’s height, width, and weight. And then, you can easily narrow down the monitor arms that suit your screen’s specifications.
However, if you’re not sure you can measure and weigh your screen accurately, you can find the specs of almost every monitor ever made using the vast database of Ergotron’s Mount Finder.
Is your screen VESA compatible?
All monitor arms on our list are VESA compatible. It means you can mount your screen to the monitor arm using the VESA hole pattern on the back of your monitor. Yet, we still suggest you check whether your monitor has it and whether you need to get a VESA adapter in case it doesn’t.
What is its height adjustment range of a desk mount stand?
If you plan to use your new monitor arm with a regular desk, you don’t really need to worry about the height adjustment. However, if you prefer using a sit-to-stand desk, then having the ability to adjust your monitor according to your height and your standing desk’s height is a must.
Here are the main specs you should look for:
- The max height of your monitor arm
- Half the height of your monitor
- The distance from the floor to your eyes while standing looking straight ahead
- The height of your standing desk while you are using it in a standing mode
If A+B ≥ C-D, then you won’t need to hunch and strain your neck when using a monitor arm with a standing desk. However, don’t be afraid if this equation is off by a couple of inches. You still will be better off with a monitor arm than without it.
How thick is your desk?
You want to make sure the edge clamp of your newly purchased monitor arm can handle the thickness of your desk. This is very important if you’re using a non-standard table as your office desk. You’d also want to check whether your office desk has any metal frames that can prevent you from mounting your monitor arm properly.
Does the single monitor arm have a built-in gas spring?
If you want to adjust the height of your mounted monitor and rotate and tilt it with ease, you should probably opt for a single monitor arm featuring a gas spring. However, you should note that the lower-quality gas springs might lose their lifting capacity with time and start to sag. So, if you don’t mind adjusting your monitor arm manually, this might not be the most crucial criteria for you.
How hard is the setup process?
While there are quite a few monitor arms that you can easily install by yourself, there are some of them that would require you to ask your friend for help. So it’s always a good idea to check whether the monitor arm you’re going to purchase has a clear and detailed manual. Otherwise, you might spend more than you want on trying to figure out how to mount it properly.
How much space does the monitor arm require at the back?
This is crucial if your office desk is right against the wall. If the monitor arm sticks out too much at the back, you simply might not be able to use it as it’d hit the wall. So, make sure to check this before so that you don’t waste your money.
Can you use the single monitor arm in both landscape and portrait mode?
This might not be essential for everyone, but if you do need to use your monitor in portrait mode, make sure your new monitor arm allows for a 360-degree rotation. And if you don’t need to rotate your screen, it’s still a nice feature to have. This also applies to swivel and tilt range if you want to get the most out of your single monitor arm.
What mounting options does the monitor arm offer?
Most monitor arms offer two installation methods: grommet or clamp mounting. It gives you a chance to avoid drilling a hole in your desk to mount your monitor arm. So, if you’re not quite ready to make a permanent hole in your office desk, ensure a monitor arm offers an alternate mounting option.
What if I need to use two screens for work?
If you are working or gaming using two monitors, you can either use two single monitor arms or get a dual monitor stand. Just make sure to check all the specs before to ensure your two screens will align and fit perfectly together.
Does the monitor arm work with a curved monitor?
If you own a curved monitor, it’s critical you check whether the single monitor arm of your choice can be easily attached to it. You don’t want to end up getting a monitor arm you can’t use.
Does a monitor desk stand have a neat cable management system?
If you don’t like having all kinds of wires scattered on your office desk, you should choose a single monitor arm that has a convenient cable management system, aka cable clips. This will save you from untangling various wires every day and help you have a nicely organized workspace.
Benefits of a Single Monitor Arm
A monitor arm is one of the essential pieces of an ergonomic workstation setup. If you’re still hesitant whether you need one or not, here are some of the benefits you should consider:
- It helps reduce eye and neck strain.
- It helps maintain a good posture.
- It’s affordable.
- It can help you create a more ergonomic workspace.
- It lets you use your monitor in different layouts and positions.
- It has a relatively installation process.
- It can help you keep your office desk clutter-free.
- It can make your home office more comfortable.
- You can use it with both standard and standing office desks
- It prevents you from hunching.
- It can be used for both gaming and working.
A single monitor arm can be a great addition to either home or commercial office space. It helps create a more ergonomic working environment by making you pay attention to your posture and stopping you from hunching. It’s also a great way to upgrade your experience working at a standing desk.
Since there are many different monitor arms on the market, you need to make sure the one you choose can hold the weight of your monitor and fits your specific desk. Monitor desk mount stands are inexpensive, so even if you’re not sure you need one, it’s still worth trying.
We hope you managed to find what you were looking for. And if you have any questions or have an idea of what we should review next, please let us know.